Haringey end winless run against Bognor Regis Town
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Isthmian Premier Division: Haringey Borough 2 Bognor Regis Town 1
Haringey Borought brought a five-game winless run in the Isthmian League Premier Division to a halt when they sealed a 2-1 victory over Bognor Regis Town.
Second-half goals from Georgios Aresti and Anthony McDonald sealed the points for Tom Loizou's side despite an equaliser from Harvey Whyte at Coles Park Stadium.
The two sides played out a goalless draw in the first half but it only took two minutes after the restart for the deadlock to be broken.
Aresti found the back of the net to give Haringey a 1-0 lead in the contest.
You may also want to watch:
Bognor Regis did level the score 14 minutes later as Whyte scored but substitute McDonald struck home in the 82nd minute to earn a 2-1 win for the hosts.
Haringey remain in 15th place but have games in hand on all teams above them in the standings and head to mid-table rivals Potters Bar on Tuesday.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 Arsenal held by Aston Villa on final day of WSL season
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Graham goal gives Tottenham win at Birmingham in WSL finale
- 9 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 10 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
Haringey Borough: Miles, Durojaiye (Ademiluyi 71), Kisitu, Richards, Demetriou, Stone (McDonald 66), Michael-Percil, Aresti, Akindayini (Solomou 74), Djassi-Sambu, Akinola.
Unused subs: Pajetet, Alexandrou.
Bognor Regis Town: Tangara, Kavanagh, Flint, Dinsmore, Puemo, Wood, Whyte, Leigh, Smith, Shema (Crane 72), Lethbridge (Leigh 87).
Unused subs: Mnedoza, Casey, Wakley.