Haringey end winless run against Bognor Regis Town
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Isthmian Premier Division: Haringey Borough 2 Bognor Regis Town 1
Haringey Borought brought a five-game winless run in the Isthmian League Premier Division to a halt when they sealed a 2-1 victory over Bognor Regis Town.
Second-half goals from Georgios Aresti and Anthony McDonald sealed the points for Tom Loizou's side despite an equaliser from Harvey Whyte at Coles Park Stadium.
The two sides played out a goalless draw in the first half but it only took two minutes after the restart for the deadlock to be broken.
Aresti found the back of the net to give Haringey a 1-0 lead in the contest.
You may also want to watch:
Bognor Regis did level the score 14 minutes later as Whyte scored but substitute McDonald struck home in the 82nd minute to earn a 2-1 win for the hosts.
Haringey remain in 15th place but have games in hand on all teams above them in the standings and head to mid-table rivals Potters Bar on Tuesday.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
Haringey Borough: Miles, Durojaiye (Ademiluyi 71), Kisitu, Richards, Demetriou, Stone (McDonald 66), Michael-Percil, Aresti, Akindayini (Solomou 74), Djassi-Sambu, Akinola.
Unused subs: Pajetet, Alexandrou.
Bognor Regis Town: Tangara, Kavanagh, Flint, Dinsmore, Puemo, Wood, Whyte, Leigh, Smith, Shema (Crane 72), Lethbridge (Leigh 87).
Unused subs: Mnedoza, Casey, Wakley.