Isthmian League: Haringey 0 Lewes 1
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey slipped to a slender defeat after seeing Dimitri Froxylias sent off at Coles Park on Saturday.
Buoyed by their New Year's Day derby win over Wingate & Finchley, the hosts had the first chance of the game on three minutes when Anthony McDonald fired just wide from 20 yards.
Froxylias dragged a shot just wide after cutting in from the right as the home side continued to dominate early on, but Lewes had a couple of half-chances of their own before the interval.
Roman Percil replaced Danilt Akindayini during the break, but Haringey were reduced to 10 men five minutes after the restart as Froxylias was given his marching orders.
The visitors enjoyed more possession as a result of their numerical advantage, but Borough still looked dangerous on the counter attack as the scoreline remained blank.
And Tom Loizou's men had an effort cleared off the line, only to then see Lewes break the deadlock on 69 minutes through Dayshonne Golding.
Loizou made a double change with a quarter of an hour remaining, sending Anthos Solomou and Romoluwa Akinola on for McDonald and Callum Ismail respectively.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 5 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 8 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
But the hosts had Jonathon Miles to thank for a string of saves to keep them in the hunt, although his efforts eventually proved in vain as Lewes left north London with all three points.
Haringey: Miles, Ismail (Akinola 75). O'Donoghue, Richards, Demetriou, Djassi-Sambu, Froxylias, Aresti, Akindayini (Percil 46), Durojaiye, McDonald (Solomou 75).
Unused subs: Dervishan, Alexandrou.