Haringey’s Andrew celebrates success at Haringey Box Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
Haringey BC’s Amy Andrew had plenty to celebrate after winning gold in the Female A 57kg Group A category at the Haringey Box Cup.
Andrew has a habit of collecting gold medals at the competition, and this year proved no exception.
The Haringey hope was able to outpoint Marine Camara from French club Villeneuve Ablon to secure the gold medal.
Boxing at the same time as Andrew in her final, club colleague Claudia Wilmot-Smith was also on the lookout for a gold medal.
You may also want to watch:
Wilmot-Smith faced Royal Artillery rival Natalie Coles in the final of the Female B 60kg category.
Despite a strong showing, Wilmot-Smith found herself to be on the wrong end of a close decision, ultimately taking home a silver medal for her efforts.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 8 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 9 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
The tournament itself, which is run every year by Haringey BC, proved to be another successful event at Alexandra Palace as talent from across Europe travelled to take part.