Haringey’s Andrew celebrates success at Haringey Box Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
Haringey BC’s Amy Andrew had plenty to celebrate after winning gold in the Female A 57kg Group A category at the Haringey Box Cup.
Andrew has a habit of collecting gold medals at the competition, and this year proved no exception.
The Haringey hope was able to outpoint Marine Camara from French club Villeneuve Ablon to secure the gold medal.
Boxing at the same time as Andrew in her final, club colleague Claudia Wilmot-Smith was also on the lookout for a gold medal.
Wilmot-Smith faced Royal Artillery rival Natalie Coles in the final of the Female B 60kg category.
Despite a strong showing, Wilmot-Smith found herself to be on the wrong end of a close decision, ultimately taking home a silver medal for her efforts.
- 1 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 2 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 3 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 4 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 5 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 6 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 7 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
- 8 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 9 Crime writer: Why I'm donating royalties to Dogs Trust
- 10 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
The tournament itself, which is run every year by Haringey BC, proved to be another successful event at Alexandra Palace as talent from across Europe travelled to take part.