Haringey’s Andrew celebrates success at Haringey Box Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
Haringey BC’s Amy Andrew had plenty to celebrate after winning gold in the Female A 57kg Group A category at the Haringey Box Cup.
Andrew has a habit of collecting gold medals at the competition, and this year proved no exception.
The Haringey hope was able to outpoint Marine Camara from French club Villeneuve Ablon to secure the gold medal.
Boxing at the same time as Andrew in her final, club colleague Claudia Wilmot-Smith was also on the lookout for a gold medal.
Wilmot-Smith faced Royal Artillery rival Natalie Coles in the final of the Female B 60kg category.
Despite a strong showing, Wilmot-Smith found herself to be on the wrong end of a close decision, ultimately taking home a silver medal for her efforts.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 3 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 4 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 5 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 6 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 7 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 8 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 9 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 10 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
The tournament itself, which is run every year by Haringey BC, proved to be another successful event at Alexandra Palace as talent from across Europe travelled to take part.