Haringey’s Andrew celebrates success at Haringey Box Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
Haringey BC’s Amy Andrew had plenty to celebrate after winning gold in the Female A 57kg Group A category at the Haringey Box Cup.
Andrew has a habit of collecting gold medals at the competition, and this year proved no exception.
The Haringey hope was able to outpoint Marine Camara from French club Villeneuve Ablon to secure the gold medal.
Boxing at the same time as Andrew in her final, club colleague Claudia Wilmot-Smith was also on the lookout for a gold medal.
You may also want to watch:
Wilmot-Smith faced Royal Artillery rival Natalie Coles in the final of the Female B 60kg category.
Despite a strong showing, Wilmot-Smith found herself to be on the wrong end of a close decision, ultimately taking home a silver medal for her efforts.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
The tournament itself, which is run every year by Haringey BC, proved to be another successful event at Alexandra Palace as talent from across Europe travelled to take part.