Haringey Aquatics swimmer Max Hanson is selected to represent Middlesex
- Credit: Archant
Crouch End’s Max Hanson has been selected to represent Middlesex at the National Inter County Championships in Sheffield later this month.
The annual event draws 1,200 swimmers from 40 counties to determine the fastest team in the nation, and breaststroke specialist Hanson will compete in the medley relay.
The Haringey Aquatics swimmer, who attends Highgate Wood School, said: “I am very excited about representing my county and testing myself against the top swimmers in the nation.
“It is very inspiring to know that many of our Olympic swimmers also swam in this competition and I will remember this experience for the rest of my life.”
Haringey Aquatics head coach Paul Doyle said: “Max has worked very hard in the past year and this is proof of his dedication and effort. To qualify for the National Inter County Championships is an achievement in itself, and a source of pride for all of us at Haringey Aquatics.”
You may also want to watch:
To learn more about getting involved with Haringey Aquatics, visit @teamharingey on Twitter or www.haringeyaquatics.org.uk
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 8 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 9 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again