Haringey Aquatics swimmer Max Hanson is selected to represent Middlesex
- Credit: Archant
Crouch End’s Max Hanson has been selected to represent Middlesex at the National Inter County Championships in Sheffield later this month.
The annual event draws 1,200 swimmers from 40 counties to determine the fastest team in the nation, and breaststroke specialist Hanson will compete in the medley relay.
The Haringey Aquatics swimmer, who attends Highgate Wood School, said: “I am very excited about representing my county and testing myself against the top swimmers in the nation.
“It is very inspiring to know that many of our Olympic swimmers also swam in this competition and I will remember this experience for the rest of my life.”
Haringey Aquatics head coach Paul Doyle said: “Max has worked very hard in the past year and this is proof of his dedication and effort. To qualify for the National Inter County Championships is an achievement in itself, and a source of pride for all of us at Haringey Aquatics.”
You may also want to watch:
To learn more about getting involved with Haringey Aquatics, visit @teamharingey on Twitter or www.haringeyaquatics.org.uk
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill