Haringey Aquatics swimmer Max Hanson is selected to represent Middlesex
- Credit: Archant
Crouch End’s Max Hanson has been selected to represent Middlesex at the National Inter County Championships in Sheffield later this month.
The annual event draws 1,200 swimmers from 40 counties to determine the fastest team in the nation, and breaststroke specialist Hanson will compete in the medley relay.
The Haringey Aquatics swimmer, who attends Highgate Wood School, said: “I am very excited about representing my county and testing myself against the top swimmers in the nation.
“It is very inspiring to know that many of our Olympic swimmers also swam in this competition and I will remember this experience for the rest of my life.”
Haringey Aquatics head coach Paul Doyle said: “Max has worked very hard in the past year and this is proof of his dedication and effort. To qualify for the National Inter County Championships is an achievement in itself, and a source of pride for all of us at Haringey Aquatics.”
You may also want to watch:
To learn more about getting involved with Haringey Aquatics, visit @teamharingey on Twitter or www.haringeyaquatics.org.uk
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station