Haringey Aquatics secure record haul of 14 medals at Middlesex County Age Group Championships
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Aquatics secured 14 medals at the Middlesex County Age Group Championships, achieving their best ever tally in the club’s 70-year history.
Crouch End’s 13-year-old Max Green led the way, dominating all the freestyle events by taking gold in the 400m, 200m, 100m and 50m.
Green also took the gold in the 50 breaststroke while picking up a further four silvers - in the 200m and 100m Individual Medley, the 100m breaststroke and 100m backstroke – and a bronze in the 200m breaststroke.
Another Crouch Ender, 12-year-old Gareth Davies, secured a brace of bronze medals in the 200m and 100m butterfly.
Meanwhile Haringey’s youngest medallist, Tottenham-based 11-year-old Travis Kupczyk-Akomeah, took bronze in the 100m butterfly and 50m freestyle in his first ever county competition.
You may also want to watch:
Development coach Nathan Joseph said: “This is our best start to the year at counties [level] for as long as I can remember. We did well across all strokes and disciplines, with more swimmers qualifying, more finalists, more medals.
“I am proud of all the swimmers and their hard work. Haringey Aquatics encourages athletes to be disciplined, motivated, focused, to achieve; as a result, they are happy and succeeding.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
For more information about Haringey Aquatics visit www.haringeyaquatics.org.uk.