Swimming: Haringey Aquatics head to Middlesex Championships
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Aquatics will send 24 swimmers to this year’s Middlesex Championships at the iconic London Aquatics Centre in Stratford after some impressive displays in qualifying.
In age groups ranging from 10/11-year-olds to over-17s, Haringey swimmers have qualified in a total of 90 races across all strokes and distances for the next two weekends of action.
Some senior swimemrs will compete in the county event for the seventh or eighth time, but many of the younger members have met standards for the first time.
And with several ranked in the top five in Middlesex, the club's coaching team are expecting some competitive races.
The championships mark the start of the long course season, with Haringey swimmers working towards regional and national qualifying times.
You may also want to watch:
Shakil Giordani has already met criteria for the British Championships in London in April, where the country's elite swimmers - including world and Olympic champions - will compete.
Haringey Aquatics have also announced new training facilities at Mallinson sports Centre will be added to their thriving programme to give more swimmers the chance to be part of the club.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
Trials will be held at Park Road Leisure Centre, see club website for details.