Swimming: Haringey Aquatics hail golden boy Giordani
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Aquatics’ Shakil Giordani won a fantastic five gold medals at the London Winter Championships.
Giordani, 16, triumphed in the 50m and 100m backstroke, 50m and 100m freestyle and 50m butterfly, adding bronze in the 100m butterfly to finish as top male swimmer in the 16 & under age group.
Rose Pepperday, 17, won 1500m freestyle silver and Max Handon, 15, won 100m breaststroke silver at the London Aquatics Centre.
Alejandro Isaza-Ocampo, 17, was ninth in the senior 200m backstroke final, while Kelton Ryland competed in several strokes and over various distances.
Matteo Caravati-Pringle, 15, was in backstroke action, while sisters Hannah and Evie Wootton took on breaststroke events and Gareth Davies and Max Green, 14, reached the 200m butterfly and 50m freestyle finals respectively, competing against older opponents.
You may also want to watch:
Hayden Hoole, 14, and Arun Hamilton McMahon, 13, completed the Haringey line-up.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 7 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal