Swimming: Haringey Aquatics hail golden boy Giordani
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Aquatics’ Shakil Giordani won a fantastic five gold medals at the London Winter Championships.
Giordani, 16, triumphed in the 50m and 100m backstroke, 50m and 100m freestyle and 50m butterfly, adding bronze in the 100m butterfly to finish as top male swimmer in the 16 & under age group.
Rose Pepperday, 17, won 1500m freestyle silver and Max Handon, 15, won 100m breaststroke silver at the London Aquatics Centre.
Alejandro Isaza-Ocampo, 17, was ninth in the senior 200m backstroke final, while Kelton Ryland competed in several strokes and over various distances.
Matteo Caravati-Pringle, 15, was in backstroke action, while sisters Hannah and Evie Wootton took on breaststroke events and Gareth Davies and Max Green, 14, reached the 200m butterfly and 50m freestyle finals respectively, competing against older opponents.
You may also want to watch:
Hayden Hoole, 14, and Arun Hamilton McMahon, 13, completed the Haringey line-up.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour