Swimming: Haringey Aquatics hail golden boy Giordani
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Aquatics’ Shakil Giordani won a fantastic five gold medals at the London Winter Championships.
Giordani, 16, triumphed in the 50m and 100m backstroke, 50m and 100m freestyle and 50m butterfly, adding bronze in the 100m butterfly to finish as top male swimmer in the 16 & under age group.
Rose Pepperday, 17, won 1500m freestyle silver and Max Handon, 15, won 100m breaststroke silver at the London Aquatics Centre.
Alejandro Isaza-Ocampo, 17, was ninth in the senior 200m backstroke final, while Kelton Ryland competed in several strokes and over various distances.
Matteo Caravati-Pringle, 15, was in backstroke action, while sisters Hannah and Evie Wootton took on breaststroke events and Gareth Davies and Max Green, 14, reached the 200m butterfly and 50m freestyle finals respectively, competing against older opponents.
You may also want to watch:
Hayden Hoole, 14, and Arun Hamilton McMahon, 13, completed the Haringey line-up.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'