Swimming: Haringey Aquatics hail golden boy Giordani
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Aquatics’ Shakil Giordani won a fantastic five gold medals at the London Winter Championships.
Giordani, 16, triumphed in the 50m and 100m backstroke, 50m and 100m freestyle and 50m butterfly, adding bronze in the 100m butterfly to finish as top male swimmer in the 16 & under age group.
Rose Pepperday, 17, won 1500m freestyle silver and Max Handon, 15, won 100m breaststroke silver at the London Aquatics Centre.
Alejandro Isaza-Ocampo, 17, was ninth in the senior 200m backstroke final, while Kelton Ryland competed in several strokes and over various distances.
Matteo Caravati-Pringle, 15, was in backstroke action, while sisters Hannah and Evie Wootton took on breaststroke events and Gareth Davies and Max Green, 14, reached the 200m butterfly and 50m freestyle finals respectively, competing against older opponents.
You may also want to watch:
Hayden Hoole, 14, and Arun Hamilton McMahon, 13, completed the Haringey line-up.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub