Swimming: Haringey Aquatics hail golden boy Giordani
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Aquatics’ Shakil Giordani won a fantastic five gold medals at the London Winter Championships.
Giordani, 16, triumphed in the 50m and 100m backstroke, 50m and 100m freestyle and 50m butterfly, adding bronze in the 100m butterfly to finish as top male swimmer in the 16 & under age group.
Rose Pepperday, 17, won 1500m freestyle silver and Max Handon, 15, won 100m breaststroke silver at the London Aquatics Centre.
Alejandro Isaza-Ocampo, 17, was ninth in the senior 200m backstroke final, while Kelton Ryland competed in several strokes and over various distances.
Matteo Caravati-Pringle, 15, was in backstroke action, while sisters Hannah and Evie Wootton took on breaststroke events and Gareth Davies and Max Green, 14, reached the 200m butterfly and 50m freestyle finals respectively, competing against older opponents.
Hayden Hoole, 14, and Arun Hamilton McMahon, 13, completed the Haringey line-up.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 3 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 4 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 7 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 8 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 9 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 10 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants