Swimming: Haringey Aquatics duo to represent Middlesex
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Aquatics duo Max Hanson and Shakil Giordani will represent Middlesex at the National County Team Championships at Pond’s Forge, Sheffield on Sunday.
More than 900 swimmers from 36 counties will race in three age groups to start the short course season.
And this is the third year Haringey Aquatics will have swimmers involved, ahead of the Winter Regionals and Nationals.
The club had a fantastic summer, with its first medals at National competitions, as Giordani, Hanson, Max Green and Gareth Davies made top 10s in the British Championships.
At the Swim England Open Water Festival, Kelton Ryland beat her 5k best, before the club were represented at the Swim England National Summer Meet and Swim Wales Summer Open.
You may also want to watch:
Davies took 400m medley gold as Green secured silver in 100m freestyle and 50m breaststroke and Giordani took bronze in the 100m backstroke at the English Nationals.
All four Haringey swimmers have climbed the national rankings, with Green picked by Swim England for a second year in a row and Davies by Swim Wales.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 8 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Head coach Paul Doyle is reinforcing efforts to guide more youngsters to success, alongside Nathan Joseph and the team, fine-tuning training for all squad levels with the aim of developing Regional and National qualifiers and medal hopefuls.
He said: “The club has never been more competitive with new swimmers coming through at every level. Success in the past couple of years has inspired us to continue to grow and set our sights high.
“We’re continuing to take on new swimmers who find our programme gives them the results they aim for. There is a real buzz about the club.”