Hariney Huskies Jones ‘excited’ to be joining the club
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies new signing Lewis Jones is ‘excited’ for the upcoming season.
The defenceman, who previously played for former club Haringey Racers, is happy to be back playing at Alexandra Palace.
Jones spent most of his junior years playing at Romford and Chelmsford, before icing for the Chelmsford Warriors and London Raiders to begin his senior career, then moving to Haringey during the 2014/15 season.
The 21-year-old said: “I’m really excited to be back at the Palace playing for the Huskies.
“It’s a great group of guys and a great place to play hockey.
You may also want to watch:
“As soon as the Sampson’s and Mercer contacted me asking me to come back I knew it was the best place for me to continue to develop.
“I really enjoyed playing for Haringey after I left Raiders and it was the best option for me to return.”
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
The stay at home defenceman notched six points in ten games for the Racers, before moving up to Sheffield for university, where he iced for both Sheffield Senators and Coventry in the NIHL North.
“Since leaving the Racers I’ve had two great years in Sheffield with the Senators and the U20s, and I think my offensive side of my game has really improved,” he added.
“I also think I’ve developed my physical play, especially playing against some of the bigger Northern teams.”
The youngster is also hoping he can help the Huskies land a spot in the playoffs and improve his own game at the same time.
“I would like to think the team that’s being built can compete and finish within the playoff places and hopefully make the playoff weekend.
“Taking part in the playoff weekend in the North was great fun this year and I hope that the South can emulate this.
“Personally I want to continue to develop and keep improving.”
Jones is the latest addition to the Haringey Huskies, who have already announced Stuart Appleby, Stephen Woodford, Sam Park, Ben Osborne and Mark Voslinsky.
More signings are expected in the coming weeks.