Hariney Huskies Jones ‘excited’ to be joining the club
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Huskies new signing Lewis Jones is ‘excited’ for the upcoming season.
The defenceman, who previously played for former club Haringey Racers, is happy to be back playing at Alexandra Palace.
Jones spent most of his junior years playing at Romford and Chelmsford, before icing for the Chelmsford Warriors and London Raiders to begin his senior career, then moving to Haringey during the 2014/15 season.
The 21-year-old said: “I’m really excited to be back at the Palace playing for the Huskies.
“It’s a great group of guys and a great place to play hockey.
“As soon as the Sampson’s and Mercer contacted me asking me to come back I knew it was the best place for me to continue to develop.
“I really enjoyed playing for Haringey after I left Raiders and it was the best option for me to return.”
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 7 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 8 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 9 Hornsey Exchange opening first step in bringing town hall 'back to life'
- 10 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
The stay at home defenceman notched six points in ten games for the Racers, before moving up to Sheffield for university, where he iced for both Sheffield Senators and Coventry in the NIHL North.
“Since leaving the Racers I’ve had two great years in Sheffield with the Senators and the U20s, and I think my offensive side of my game has really improved,” he added.
“I also think I’ve developed my physical play, especially playing against some of the bigger Northern teams.”
The youngster is also hoping he can help the Huskies land a spot in the playoffs and improve his own game at the same time.
“I would like to think the team that’s being built can compete and finish within the playoff places and hopefully make the playoff weekend.
“Taking part in the playoff weekend in the North was great fun this year and I hope that the South can emulate this.
“Personally I want to continue to develop and keep improving.”
Jones is the latest addition to the Haringey Huskies, who have already announced Stuart Appleby, Stephen Woodford, Sam Park, Ben Osborne and Mark Voslinsky.
More signings are expected in the coming weeks.