Hockey: Hampstead & Westminster women on top at Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster’s women go into the Christmas break top of the Conference East table after a 3-1 win at Harleston Magpies.
They fell behind on 24 minutes, but were back on level terms seconds later as Jasmine Clark carried the ball forward and played a perfect pass for Lauren Turner to deflect past the Magpies goalkeeper.
Hampstead dominated in the second half, showing the fine form that had taken them to the top of the table.
Rochelle Ginafrianceso made some fantastic saves to keep out Harleston corners, before Annabel Driver fired home from a Hampstead set-piece on 69 minutes.
And the visitors made sure from the restart as they drew another short corner and, when the initial strike was saved, Hayley Turner neatly finished for the third goal.
You may also want to watch:
After completing their indoor season, Hampstead will return to outdoor actionn in February when Harleston make the trip to Paddington Rec for a quick return meeting.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 7 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal