Hockey: Hampstead & Westminster women on top at Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster’s women go into the Christmas break top of the Conference East table after a 3-1 win at Harleston Magpies.
They fell behind on 24 minutes, but were back on level terms seconds later as Jasmine Clark carried the ball forward and played a perfect pass for Lauren Turner to deflect past the Magpies goalkeeper.
Hampstead dominated in the second half, showing the fine form that had taken them to the top of the table.
Rochelle Ginafrianceso made some fantastic saves to keep out Harleston corners, before Annabel Driver fired home from a Hampstead set-piece on 69 minutes.
And the visitors made sure from the restart as they drew another short corner and, when the initial strike was saved, Hayley Turner neatly finished for the third goal.
You may also want to watch:
After completing their indoor season, Hampstead will return to outdoor actionn in February when Harleston make the trip to Paddington Rec for a quick return meeting.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday