Hockey: Hampstead & Westminster women on top at Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster’s women go into the Christmas break top of the Conference East table after a 3-1 win at Harleston Magpies.
They fell behind on 24 minutes, but were back on level terms seconds later as Jasmine Clark carried the ball forward and played a perfect pass for Lauren Turner to deflect past the Magpies goalkeeper.
Hampstead dominated in the second half, showing the fine form that had taken them to the top of the table.
Rochelle Ginafrianceso made some fantastic saves to keep out Harleston corners, before Annabel Driver fired home from a Hampstead set-piece on 69 minutes.
And the visitors made sure from the restart as they drew another short corner and, when the initial strike was saved, Hayley Turner neatly finished for the third goal.
You may also want to watch:
After completing their indoor season, Hampstead will return to outdoor actionn in February when Harleston make the trip to Paddington Rec for a quick return meeting.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17