Cricket: Hampstead women’s first and second teams defeat rivals to remain unbeaten in 2018
- Credit: Archant
The Lymington Road club produced a number of good batting and bowling displays on Sunday afternoon
Hampstead’s women have had a fine start to the 2018 campaign so far and kept it up last weekend with two more wins for their teams.
The first XI faced East Herts Ladies on Sunday and won by 152 runs following a strong batting display first up.
Sian Culley hit 52 at the top of the order before captain Imogen Webb scored 60 not out to help Hampstead post 238-5 from their 40 overs.
It was way too many for East Herts Ladies as they were all out for 86 in the 34th over of their innings.
You may also want to watch:
Eloise Porter did most of the damage with 4-14 as the first XI enjoyed another good day in the Women’s Southern League Collins Division.
Hampstead’s second-team also triumphed away to Kempston Methodists in the Four Counties Women’s 30-over Division.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 9 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 10 Home of the Week: Refurbished three storey, five bedroom family home for sale in Finchley
Gabie Clark’s unbeaten 96 helped Lizzie Harris’ side hit 172-7 and Amber Milligan took 2-17 to restrict the hosts to 106-6 from their 30 overs and maintain the seconds unbeaten start to 2018.