Cricket: Hampstead women’s first and second teams defeat rivals to remain unbeaten in 2018
- Credit: Archant
The Lymington Road club produced a number of good batting and bowling displays on Sunday afternoon
Hampstead’s women have had a fine start to the 2018 campaign so far and kept it up last weekend with two more wins for their teams.
The first XI faced East Herts Ladies on Sunday and won by 152 runs following a strong batting display first up.
Sian Culley hit 52 at the top of the order before captain Imogen Webb scored 60 not out to help Hampstead post 238-5 from their 40 overs.
It was way too many for East Herts Ladies as they were all out for 86 in the 34th over of their innings.
You may also want to watch:
Eloise Porter did most of the damage with 4-14 as the first XI enjoyed another good day in the Women’s Southern League Collins Division.
Hampstead’s second-team also triumphed away to Kempston Methodists in the Four Counties Women’s 30-over Division.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 6 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 10 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
Gabie Clark’s unbeaten 96 helped Lizzie Harris’ side hit 172-7 and Amber Milligan took 2-17 to restrict the hosts to 106-6 from their 30 overs and maintain the seconds unbeaten start to 2018.