Cricket: Hampstead women’s first and second teams defeat rivals to remain unbeaten in 2018
- Credit: Archant
The Lymington Road club produced a number of good batting and bowling displays on Sunday afternoon
Hampstead’s women have had a fine start to the 2018 campaign so far and kept it up last weekend with two more wins for their teams.
The first XI faced East Herts Ladies on Sunday and won by 152 runs following a strong batting display first up.
Sian Culley hit 52 at the top of the order before captain Imogen Webb scored 60 not out to help Hampstead post 238-5 from their 40 overs.
It was way too many for East Herts Ladies as they were all out for 86 in the 34th over of their innings.
Eloise Porter did most of the damage with 4-14 as the first XI enjoyed another good day in the Women’s Southern League Collins Division.
Hampstead’s second-team also triumphed away to Kempston Methodists in the Four Counties Women’s 30-over Division.
- 1 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 6 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 7 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 8 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 9 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
- 10 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
Gabie Clark’s unbeaten 96 helped Lizzie Harris’ side hit 172-7 and Amber Milligan took 2-17 to restrict the hosts to 106-6 from their 30 overs and maintain the seconds unbeaten start to 2018.