Hampstead & Westminster Ladies gear up for mammoth weekend in league and cup
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster Ladies are gearing up for a huge weekend as they host Maidenhead in a promotion decider before contesting the semi-finals of the English Hockey Association Cup.
H&W won 4-1 at Woking on Saturday to maintain top spot in South Clubs’ Women’s Hockey League Division One.
Woking took the lead but Annebeth Witjenburg equalised for Hampstead and Natasha Price then scored her 25th and 26th goals of the season before Rachel Thomas netted for the third time in three weeks.
With the top team being promoted, Hampstead are in pole position with one game to go – but they are only ahead of Maidenhead on goal difference, and the two sides meet at Paddington Recreation Ground on Saturday in a decisive clash.
The following day, H&W’s ladies will travel to face Birmingham University in the final four of the EH Cup.
You may also want to watch:
It has already been a historic journey for Hampstead, who had never previously made it into the last eight – but they are now one game from the final.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing