Hampstead & Westminster Ladies gear up for mammoth weekend in league and cup
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster Ladies are gearing up for a huge weekend as they host Maidenhead in a promotion decider before contesting the semi-finals of the English Hockey Association Cup.
H&W won 4-1 at Woking on Saturday to maintain top spot in South Clubs’ Women’s Hockey League Division One.
Woking took the lead but Annebeth Witjenburg equalised for Hampstead and Natasha Price then scored her 25th and 26th goals of the season before Rachel Thomas netted for the third time in three weeks.
With the top team being promoted, Hampstead are in pole position with one game to go – but they are only ahead of Maidenhead on goal difference, and the two sides meet at Paddington Recreation Ground on Saturday in a decisive clash.
The following day, H&W’s ladies will travel to face Birmingham University in the final four of the EH Cup.
You may also want to watch:
It has already been a historic journey for Hampstead, who had never previously made it into the last eight – but they are now one game from the final.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office