Hampstead & Westminster Ladies gear up for mammoth weekend in league and cup
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster Ladies are gearing up for a huge weekend as they host Maidenhead in a promotion decider before contesting the semi-finals of the English Hockey Association Cup.
H&W won 4-1 at Woking on Saturday to maintain top spot in South Clubs’ Women’s Hockey League Division One.
Woking took the lead but Annebeth Witjenburg equalised for Hampstead and Natasha Price then scored her 25th and 26th goals of the season before Rachel Thomas netted for the third time in three weeks.
With the top team being promoted, Hampstead are in pole position with one game to go – but they are only ahead of Maidenhead on goal difference, and the two sides meet at Paddington Recreation Ground on Saturday in a decisive clash.
The following day, H&W’s ladies will travel to face Birmingham University in the final four of the EH Cup.
It has already been a historic journey for Hampstead, who had never previously made it into the last eight – but they are now one game from the final.
- 1 Dentist guilty of 'attempted sexual communication with a child'
- 2 Mayor of Haringey racially abused after Christmas event
- 3 Henrietta Barnett rated second best state school in the UK
- 4 Rainbow George: Hampstead 'dreamer' dies at 81
- 5 Hornsey Tavern to reopen as Irish sports pub
- 6 Out with Cafe Hampstead... in comes Oak & Poppy
- 7 Piano shop at risk of closure over business rates dispute
- 8 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 9 Primrose Hill: Menorah vandalised in hate crime incident
- 10 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre