Hampstead & Westminster have the Will to win
- Credit: Max Flego
Will Naylor struck both goals as Hampstead & Westminster overcame Cannock and edged away from the bottom two spots in the top flight.
The hosts had won the previous meeting earlier in the season, but Naylor gave his side the lead – which was cancelled out as the sides went into the break tied at 1-1 – and then hit the second-half winner.
H&W now have a five-point lead over Southgate with two league fixtures left. They travel to Surbiton for the penultimate game on Saturday and host Cannock in the semi-final of the national EHB Cup on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the men’s second team won the London Premier Division title with an emphatic 9-0 victory over Tulse Hill and Dulwich.
The ladies’ first team are also closing in on the crown in South League Division One after beating Teddington 2-0 at home.
You may also want to watch:
H&W have a two-point lead at the top as they eye their penultimate game against Reading on Saturday.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved