Hampstead & Westminster have the Will to win
- Credit: Max Flego
Will Naylor struck both goals as Hampstead & Westminster overcame Cannock and edged away from the bottom two spots in the top flight.
The hosts had won the previous meeting earlier in the season, but Naylor gave his side the lead – which was cancelled out as the sides went into the break tied at 1-1 – and then hit the second-half winner.
H&W now have a five-point lead over Southgate with two league fixtures left. They travel to Surbiton for the penultimate game on Saturday and host Cannock in the semi-final of the national EHB Cup on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the men’s second team won the London Premier Division title with an emphatic 9-0 victory over Tulse Hill and Dulwich.
The ladies’ first team are also closing in on the crown in South League Division One after beating Teddington 2-0 at home.
You may also want to watch:
H&W have a two-point lead at the top as they eye their penultimate game against Reading on Saturday.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 6 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 10 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics