Hampstead & Westminster have the Will to win
- Credit: Max Flego
Will Naylor struck both goals as Hampstead & Westminster overcame Cannock and edged away from the bottom two spots in the top flight.
The hosts had won the previous meeting earlier in the season, but Naylor gave his side the lead – which was cancelled out as the sides went into the break tied at 1-1 – and then hit the second-half winner.
H&W now have a five-point lead over Southgate with two league fixtures left. They travel to Surbiton for the penultimate game on Saturday and host Cannock in the semi-final of the national EHB Cup on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the men’s second team won the London Premier Division title with an emphatic 9-0 victory over Tulse Hill and Dulwich.
The ladies’ first team are also closing in on the crown in South League Division One after beating Teddington 2-0 at home.
You may also want to watch:
H&W have a two-point lead at the top as they eye their penultimate game against Reading on Saturday.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation