Hampstead & Westminster have the Will to win
- Credit: Max Flego
Will Naylor struck both goals as Hampstead & Westminster overcame Cannock and edged away from the bottom two spots in the top flight.
The hosts had won the previous meeting earlier in the season, but Naylor gave his side the lead – which was cancelled out as the sides went into the break tied at 1-1 – and then hit the second-half winner.
H&W now have a five-point lead over Southgate with two league fixtures left. They travel to Surbiton for the penultimate game on Saturday and host Cannock in the semi-final of the national EHB Cup on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the men’s second team won the London Premier Division title with an emphatic 9-0 victory over Tulse Hill and Dulwich.
The ladies’ first team are also closing in on the crown in South League Division One after beating Teddington 2-0 at home.
You may also want to watch:
H&W have a two-point lead at the top as they eye their penultimate game against Reading on Saturday.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52