Hampstead & Westminster enjoy a doubly successful weekend as senior sides bounce back in style
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster’s senior sides both bounced back from defeats to secure commanding home wins in their respective league clashes at the weekend.
The men’s team beat Reading 4-1 in the Premier Division on Saturday, with Rupert Shipperley breaking the deadlock and Matt Guise-Brown netting from two penalty corners in quick succession before Chris Cargo made it 4-0.
Reading grabbed a late consolation goal but Hampstead’s first win in four league games took them up to fifth place in the table.
Meanwhile, H&W’s ladies beat West Hants 3-0 in the Conference East on Sunday thanks to goals from captain Annebeth Wijtenburg, Helen Cathcart and Cressida Grant.
With leaders Sevenoaks suffering their first defeat of the season, fourth-placed Hampstead are now just five points off the top.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Benji Knights Johnson struck all four goals as West Hampstead triumphed 4-1 against Purley Walcountians and leapt up to fourth place in Southern Premier Division Two.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute