Hampstead & Westminster enjoy a doubly successful weekend as senior sides bounce back in style
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster’s senior sides both bounced back from defeats to secure commanding home wins in their respective league clashes at the weekend.
The men’s team beat Reading 4-1 in the Premier Division on Saturday, with Rupert Shipperley breaking the deadlock and Matt Guise-Brown netting from two penalty corners in quick succession before Chris Cargo made it 4-0.
Reading grabbed a late consolation goal but Hampstead’s first win in four league games took them up to fifth place in the table.
Meanwhile, H&W’s ladies beat West Hants 3-0 in the Conference East on Sunday thanks to goals from captain Annebeth Wijtenburg, Helen Cathcart and Cressida Grant.
With leaders Sevenoaks suffering their first defeat of the season, fourth-placed Hampstead are now just five points off the top.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Benji Knights Johnson struck all four goals as West Hampstead triumphed 4-1 against Purley Walcountians and leapt up to fourth place in Southern Premier Division Two.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour