Hampstead & Westminster enjoy a doubly successful weekend as senior sides bounce back in style
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster’s senior sides both bounced back from defeats to secure commanding home wins in their respective league clashes at the weekend.
The men’s team beat Reading 4-1 in the Premier Division on Saturday, with Rupert Shipperley breaking the deadlock and Matt Guise-Brown netting from two penalty corners in quick succession before Chris Cargo made it 4-0.
Reading grabbed a late consolation goal but Hampstead’s first win in four league games took them up to fifth place in the table.
Meanwhile, H&W’s ladies beat West Hants 3-0 in the Conference East on Sunday thanks to goals from captain Annebeth Wijtenburg, Helen Cathcart and Cressida Grant.
With leaders Sevenoaks suffering their first defeat of the season, fourth-placed Hampstead are now just five points off the top.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Benji Knights Johnson struck all four goals as West Hampstead triumphed 4-1 against Purley Walcountians and leapt up to fourth place in Southern Premier Division Two.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 9 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 10 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans