Hampstead & Westminster are denied victory after late equaliser from Holcombe
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster’s men were denied a Premier Division victory over high-flying Holcombe thanks to an injury-time equaliser on Saturday.
Against a home side packed with internationals, Hampstead were put under early pressure, but weathered the storm thanks to the efforts of Matt Botha and James Simpson.
With five minutes to go Hampstead scored what looked like the winner, as Botha reacted to a rebound off Mohammad Irfan to put his side 1-0 up.
But an unforced Hampstead error in the last seconds allowed Holcombe’s Nick Bandurack to level the game virtually on the final whistle.
Hampstead return to Maida Vale on Sunday for their final home game before Christmas against Surbiton.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Hampstead & Westminster Ladies were also held to a 1-1 draw by Cambridge City at Paddington Recreation Ground on Sunday.
Cambridge opened the scoring from a corner in the first half, but Hampstead’s hard work paid off when Hayley Turner won a penalty corner and Emma Stocking deflected a strike from Fleur Horner into the net.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release