Hampstead unveil new kit
HAMPSTEAD have unveiled new kits for their first and second teams.
The kits are sponsored by local businesses, who are also lending their name to pitch branding in the form of post protectors and line flags.
The gear arrived last week and the new shirts can be seen when the first XI travel to Hemel Hempstead on Saturday for their London 2 North West match.
Hampstead RFC chairman Simon Taylor said: “A group of north London Winkworth offices got together to sponsor our first XV. This has meant they have new kit and pitch branding.
“As costs everywhere seem to be escalating we are trying to keep players fees down and have looked into sponsorship from local companies. Winkworth were first on board and we are extremely grateful.
You may also want to watch:
“We have also had local solicitors, Layzells of Muswell Hill, sponsor the second team and ladies match kit.
“We have also issued membership cards this year to players and social members and have got deals from pubs, restaurants etc to give card holders discounts.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 6 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 7 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 8 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 9 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 10 Jack Ampadu killing: Defendant denies murder charge
It’s part of our plan to keep the club solvent as we grow and to bring business to local outfits.”
If any local businesses wish to sponsor the club or offer player discount, contact Theresa Shepherd at firstname.lastname@example.org