Hampstead women celebrate title success
- Credit: Archant
Lymington Road club won Southern League Collins Division title
Hampstead women’s fixt XI had plenty to celebrate after lifting the Southern League Collins Division title.
The Lymington Road outfit took home the trophy in fine style with a 14-run victory at Wanstead & Snaresbrook in their final game of the season.
And with the campaign over, skipper Imogen Webb was left to reflect on a highly successful term for the Hampstead women’s firsts.
“It was a fitting way to end our inaugral Southern League title-winning season and a match which proved how far we have come as players and a team,” said Webb.
You may also want to watch:
“The season has provided numerous moments of cricketing magic which will be remembered for years to come and all of our players can take great pride in their contributions to a historic season.”
After such a fine term, the task for Hampstead now is to launch a successful defence of their title when the new season begins next year.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke