Hampstead women celebrate title success
- Credit: Archant
Lymington Road club won Southern League Collins Division title
Hampstead women’s fixt XI had plenty to celebrate after lifting the Southern League Collins Division title.
The Lymington Road outfit took home the trophy in fine style with a 14-run victory at Wanstead & Snaresbrook in their final game of the season.
And with the campaign over, skipper Imogen Webb was left to reflect on a highly successful term for the Hampstead women’s firsts.
“It was a fitting way to end our inaugral Southern League title-winning season and a match which proved how far we have come as players and a team,” said Webb.
You may also want to watch:
“The season has provided numerous moments of cricketing magic which will be remembered for years to come and all of our players can take great pride in their contributions to a historic season.”
After such a fine term, the task for Hampstead now is to launch a successful defence of their title when the new season begins next year.
- 1 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 2 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 7 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit