Hampstead women celebrate title success
- Credit: Archant
Lymington Road club won Southern League Collins Division title
Hampstead women’s fixt XI had plenty to celebrate after lifting the Southern League Collins Division title.
The Lymington Road outfit took home the trophy in fine style with a 14-run victory at Wanstead & Snaresbrook in their final game of the season.
And with the campaign over, skipper Imogen Webb was left to reflect on a highly successful term for the Hampstead women’s firsts.
“It was a fitting way to end our inaugral Southern League title-winning season and a match which proved how far we have come as players and a team,” said Webb.
You may also want to watch:
“The season has provided numerous moments of cricketing magic which will be remembered for years to come and all of our players can take great pride in their contributions to a historic season.”
After such a fine term, the task for Hampstead now is to launch a successful defence of their title when the new season begins next year.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 8 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 9 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 10 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe