Hampstead schools achieve podium finishes at UK’s largest indoor skiing races
- Credit: Archant
Two Hampstead schools achieved two podium finishes apiece at the UK’s largest indoor skiing races of the season.
South Hampstead Junior School and The Hall were both represented as 183 children took part in the prep section of the Independent Schools Association Ski Championships at the Hemel Hempstead snow dome.
South Hampstead’s girls’ A team of Momo Daniel, Freya Gordon and Maddy Fairfull were second in the team event, and the B team of Dagmar Rothschild, Issy Spooner, Julia Torrebanca and Natasha Henshaw took the bronze.
Meanwhile, The Hall’s boys’ B team of Xander Swerkowski, Kai Swerkowski, Archie Marlow and Michael Smith secured the silver in their team competition, beating the school’s A team of Nat Swift, Zach Tydeman, Jaime Neale and Max Fairfull, who came third.
There were individual successes too. Daniels came second in the Under-10s girls’ event and Rothschild finished fifth in the Under-14 girls’ section, clocking 17.58 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Kai Swerkowski (16.24) was third in the Under-10 boys’ event while Marlow (17.24) was fourth. And, after leading on the first run, Max Fairfull (12.55) was third in the Under-14s boys’ section.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home