Hampstead schools achieve podium finishes at UK’s largest indoor skiing races
- Credit: Archant
Two Hampstead schools achieved two podium finishes apiece at the UK’s largest indoor skiing races of the season.
South Hampstead Junior School and The Hall were both represented as 183 children took part in the prep section of the Independent Schools Association Ski Championships at the Hemel Hempstead snow dome.
South Hampstead’s girls’ A team of Momo Daniel, Freya Gordon and Maddy Fairfull were second in the team event, and the B team of Dagmar Rothschild, Issy Spooner, Julia Torrebanca and Natasha Henshaw took the bronze.
Meanwhile, The Hall’s boys’ B team of Xander Swerkowski, Kai Swerkowski, Archie Marlow and Michael Smith secured the silver in their team competition, beating the school’s A team of Nat Swift, Zach Tydeman, Jaime Neale and Max Fairfull, who came third.
There were individual successes too. Daniels came second in the Under-10s girls’ event and Rothschild finished fifth in the Under-14 girls’ section, clocking 17.58 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Kai Swerkowski (16.24) was third in the Under-10 boys’ event while Marlow (17.24) was fourth. And, after leading on the first run, Max Fairfull (12.55) was third in the Under-14s boys’ section.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation