Hampstead schools achieve podium finishes at UK’s largest indoor skiing races
- Credit: Archant
Two Hampstead schools achieved two podium finishes apiece at the UK’s largest indoor skiing races of the season.
South Hampstead Junior School and The Hall were both represented as 183 children took part in the prep section of the Independent Schools Association Ski Championships at the Hemel Hempstead snow dome.
South Hampstead’s girls’ A team of Momo Daniel, Freya Gordon and Maddy Fairfull were second in the team event, and the B team of Dagmar Rothschild, Issy Spooner, Julia Torrebanca and Natasha Henshaw took the bronze.
Meanwhile, The Hall’s boys’ B team of Xander Swerkowski, Kai Swerkowski, Archie Marlow and Michael Smith secured the silver in their team competition, beating the school’s A team of Nat Swift, Zach Tydeman, Jaime Neale and Max Fairfull, who came third.
There were individual successes too. Daniels came second in the Under-10s girls’ event and Rothschild finished fifth in the Under-14 girls’ section, clocking 17.58 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Kai Swerkowski (16.24) was third in the Under-10 boys’ event while Marlow (17.24) was fourth. And, after leading on the first run, Max Fairfull (12.55) was third in the Under-14s boys’ section.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United