Hampstead’s Clark on MCC tour
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead’s Steven Clark was part of a 13-man MCC squad that flew out to Tanzania for an 11-day tour this week.
It is the last of four tours this year, after trips to Mexico and Belize in March, Germany in June and China and Hong Kong in September and October.
Clark, who played county cricket for Leicestershire, and his MCC team-mates will play three T20 matches and two 50-over matches in Dar el Salaam, before crossing the border to face a Kenya Select XI in Nairobi.
The touring party will alsso hold coaching sessions with local youngsters and is led by manager Tim Kirk and captain Mike Coles.
Ruel Brathwaite (Durham, Hampshire), Robert Cross (Lancs), James Hindson (Notts) and James Dixon (England Deaf) are also in the squad, with former MCC Young Cricket Scott McKenchnie, who is now head coach at Kowloon CC in Hong Kong, and Finchley’s Sumeet Sharma.
Former England Test and one-day international Roger Tolchard is the umpire on the trip and MCC head of cricket John Stephenson said: “MCC are delighted to be able to support Tanzania Cricket’s development and Steven is a member of a squad selected to provide challenging opposition.
“The trip completes another successful schedule of MCC overseas tours, with another group of playing members gettinng the chance to represent the club globally whilst helping to grow the game in areas less associated with cricket.”
- 1 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 2 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 3 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 4 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 5 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 6 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 7 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 8 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
- 9 Camden Council settles £130m Chalcots lawsuit for £19m
- 10 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
The MCC first overseas tour was in 1903/04 to Australia.
Squad: Mike Coles, Evert Bekker, Ruel Brathwaite, Steven Clark, Robert Cross, James Dixon, Martin Donald, James Hindson, Simon Lambert, Scott McKechnie, Alistair Neale, Sumeet Sharma, Tom Twimey, Tim Kirk (manager), Roger Tolchard (umpire), Alan Jones (scorer).
Fixtures: Tanzania Cricket Asssociation Development XI (November 3, T20); Chairman’s XI (November 4, 50 overs); DSM Clubs (Nov 5, 50 overs); Tanzania Cricket Association Academy (Nov 7, T20); DSM Combined (Nov 8, T20); Kenya Select XI (Nov 12, 50 overs).