Hampstead entertain leaders aiming to cause a surprise
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
After losing to lowly Twickenham last weekend, the Lymington Road club will be after a response
Hampstead host Richmond on Saturday in the Middlesex County League Premier Division hoping to cause a surprise against the leaders.
Liam Hughes’ men lost last time and therefore will aim to bounce back against the title favourites at Lymington Road.
After a fine home victory over Finchley on August 4, Hampstead failed to back it up on Saturday.
Hughes took his squad to lowly Twickenham hoping for another win, but they lost by six wickets at the Green.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts won the toss and put Hampstead into bat first and they posted 208-9 off 45 overs after a poor start.
After losing Mubasher Hassan, Sam Evison and Rob Keen early, captain Hughes stood firm and scored 85 from 119 balls to steady the ship.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 7 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 8 'Potential for something remarkable'? Residents on O2 Centre redevelopment
- 9 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 10 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
Unfortunately he received little support with the next best scores 25 by Jonathan Dunne and 23 from number eight Chris Beaumont-Dark.
Poor weather saw the target adjusted for Twickenham and they got home for the loss of only four wickets despite 2-18 by Hampstead’s Hassan.