Hampstead entertain leaders aiming to cause a surprise
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
After losing to lowly Twickenham last weekend, the Lymington Road club will be after a response
Hampstead host Richmond on Saturday in the Middlesex County League Premier Division hoping to cause a surprise against the leaders.
Liam Hughes’ men lost last time and therefore will aim to bounce back against the title favourites at Lymington Road.
After a fine home victory over Finchley on August 4, Hampstead failed to back it up on Saturday.
Hughes took his squad to lowly Twickenham hoping for another win, but they lost by six wickets at the Green.
The hosts won the toss and put Hampstead into bat first and they posted 208-9 off 45 overs after a poor start.
After losing Mubasher Hassan, Sam Evison and Rob Keen early, captain Hughes stood firm and scored 85 from 119 balls to steady the ship.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 5 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 8 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
Unfortunately he received little support with the next best scores 25 by Jonathan Dunne and 23 from number eight Chris Beaumont-Dark.
Poor weather saw the target adjusted for Twickenham and they got home for the loss of only four wickets despite 2-18 by Hampstead’s Hassan.