Hampstead entertain leaders aiming to cause a surprise
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
After losing to lowly Twickenham last weekend, the Lymington Road club will be after a response
Hampstead host Richmond on Saturday in the Middlesex County League Premier Division hoping to cause a surprise against the leaders.
Liam Hughes’ men lost last time and therefore will aim to bounce back against the title favourites at Lymington Road.
After a fine home victory over Finchley on August 4, Hampstead failed to back it up on Saturday.
Hughes took his squad to lowly Twickenham hoping for another win, but they lost by six wickets at the Green.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts won the toss and put Hampstead into bat first and they posted 208-9 off 45 overs after a poor start.
After losing Mubasher Hassan, Sam Evison and Rob Keen early, captain Hughes stood firm and scored 85 from 119 balls to steady the ship.
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 7 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Hampstead Heath: Does an increase in visitors mean fewer birds?
Unfortunately he received little support with the next best scores 25 by Jonathan Dunne and 23 from number eight Chris Beaumont-Dark.
Poor weather saw the target adjusted for Twickenham and they got home for the loss of only four wickets despite 2-18 by Hampstead’s Hassan.