Hampstead entertain leaders aiming to cause a surprise
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
After losing to lowly Twickenham last weekend, the Lymington Road club will be after a response
Hampstead host Richmond on Saturday in the Middlesex County League Premier Division hoping to cause a surprise against the leaders.
Liam Hughes’ men lost last time and therefore will aim to bounce back against the title favourites at Lymington Road.
After a fine home victory over Finchley on August 4, Hampstead failed to back it up on Saturday.
Hughes took his squad to lowly Twickenham hoping for another win, but they lost by six wickets at the Green.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts won the toss and put Hampstead into bat first and they posted 208-9 off 45 overs after a poor start.
After losing Mubasher Hassan, Sam Evison and Rob Keen early, captain Hughes stood firm and scored 85 from 119 balls to steady the ship.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
Unfortunately he received little support with the next best scores 25 by Jonathan Dunne and 23 from number eight Chris Beaumont-Dark.
Poor weather saw the target adjusted for Twickenham and they got home for the loss of only four wickets despite 2-18 by Hampstead’s Hassan.