Hockey: Hampstead & Westminster miss out on indoor finals
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster’s men missed out on a place at the Super 6s indoor finals after more dramatic action.
Needing three wins from four games to clinch a top-four finish, they threw away a 3-0 lead to draw 4-4 with Holcombe.
Hampstead romped to an 8-1 win over Canterbury in their second game on Saturday, but faced two of the most experienced indoor teams on Sunday.
And a well-organised Sevenoaks side ran out 6-5 winners despite a late flurry of Hampstead goals, with a hat-trick from returning Scottish international Kyle White.
Only pride was at stake against six-time defending champions East Grinstead and Hampstead played their best hockey of the weekend to claim a 5-3 victory.
You may also want to watch:
But it was a case of too little, too late for Kwan Browne's team, who return to outdoor action to continue the defence of their national title as they chase a place in Europe next year.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 8 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 9 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote