Hockey: Hampstead & Westminster men end on high
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead & Westminster’s men ended their Premier Division campaign with a 2-1 win at Brooklands in Manchester.
With the runners-up spot and a place at the League Finals weekend already secure, Hampstead still wanted to end their best-ever season on a high.
And after holding the edge in the opening stages, they took the lead on nine minutes as Kei Kaeppeler’s shot was deflected in by a defender.
The visitors continued to create plenty of chances, without adding to their tally, and a quick counter saw the hosts level on 44 minutes.
Hampstead dominated possession for the rest of the match and regained the lead with 10 minutes left through Will Calnan’s fantastic strike.
You may also want to watch:
And it proved decisive as they held on for the points ahead of their April 13 clash with Beeston at Lee Valley.
A presentation was made to Toby Roche by club historian Ian Smith as the longest serving captain (seven years) since World War Two.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband