Hampstead Ladies rue the weather as rain ruins likely victory over Hemel Hempstead
- Credit: Max Flego
Hampstead’s women were left to rue the weather on Sunday as rain scuppered their chances of completing a highly likely victory over Hemel Hempstead.
The hosts were well on top in their North London Women’s League Division A clash at Lymington Road, breezing to 176-3 from their allotted 30 overs and then reducing their visitors to 58-6 – but the match was abandoned.
Hampstead were asked to bat and started at a canter. Lucy Horitz made 21 and captain Sian Culley hit an unbeaten 58 while Angela Bonora struck 67 off just 47 balls, including seven fours.
Bonora was dismissed close to the end of the innings but Elle Mitchell added six runs off five balls – including a four – as Hampstead set an imposing total.
They were just as deadly with the ball as Jess Black (1-15) and Rachael Hewer (1-10) took early wickets, while Emma Edwards (2-9) removed opener Kezia Hasall (23) and Sarah Ward (11).
You may also want to watch:
When Bex Hay (2-17) prised out Freya Bolton (1) and Rowena Haigh (0), Hemel were 58-6 after 18.3 overs, but the match was called off and both sides given nine points.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 6 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 7 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 8 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal