Hampstead Ladies rue the weather as rain ruins likely victory over Hemel Hempstead
- Credit: Max Flego
Hampstead’s women were left to rue the weather on Sunday as rain scuppered their chances of completing a highly likely victory over Hemel Hempstead.
The hosts were well on top in their North London Women’s League Division A clash at Lymington Road, breezing to 176-3 from their allotted 30 overs and then reducing their visitors to 58-6 – but the match was abandoned.
Hampstead were asked to bat and started at a canter. Lucy Horitz made 21 and captain Sian Culley hit an unbeaten 58 while Angela Bonora struck 67 off just 47 balls, including seven fours.
Bonora was dismissed close to the end of the innings but Elle Mitchell added six runs off five balls – including a four – as Hampstead set an imposing total.
They were just as deadly with the ball as Jess Black (1-15) and Rachael Hewer (1-10) took early wickets, while Emma Edwards (2-9) removed opener Kezia Hasall (23) and Sarah Ward (11).
You may also want to watch:
When Bex Hay (2-17) prised out Freya Bolton (1) and Rowena Haigh (0), Hemel were 58-6 after 18.3 overs, but the match was called off and both sides given nine points.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 8 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike