Hampstead Ladies rue the weather as rain ruins likely victory over Hemel Hempstead
- Credit: Max Flego
Hampstead’s women were left to rue the weather on Sunday as rain scuppered their chances of completing a highly likely victory over Hemel Hempstead.
The hosts were well on top in their North London Women’s League Division A clash at Lymington Road, breezing to 176-3 from their allotted 30 overs and then reducing their visitors to 58-6 – but the match was abandoned.
Hampstead were asked to bat and started at a canter. Lucy Horitz made 21 and captain Sian Culley hit an unbeaten 58 while Angela Bonora struck 67 off just 47 balls, including seven fours.
Bonora was dismissed close to the end of the innings but Elle Mitchell added six runs off five balls – including a four – as Hampstead set an imposing total.
They were just as deadly with the ball as Jess Black (1-15) and Rachael Hewer (1-10) took early wickets, while Emma Edwards (2-9) removed opener Kezia Hasall (23) and Sarah Ward (11).
You may also want to watch:
When Bex Hay (2-17) prised out Freya Bolton (1) and Rowena Haigh (0), Hemel were 58-6 after 18.3 overs, but the match was called off and both sides given nine points.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 9 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 10 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m