Hampstead Ladies make winning start in Development League
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead Ladies got off to a winning start in the new Development League after a 24-run victory over Finchley.
Sally Jeffries hit 32 off 19 balls before having to retire as Hampstead posted 124-5 from their allotted extras – 43 of those runs being extras.
Sue Benson (33 retired) and Kylie White (30 retired) then ensured Finchley made a strong start to their chase, but Hampstead benefited from Thea Graham’s organisation and a structured game plan.
Emma Edwards took 3-5 runs off four overs and Connie Holden (1-17) and Graham (1-4) were also effective with the ball as Finchley were restricted to 100.
Graham said: “The team performed brilliantly and it was a great opportunity for all the players to gain important match experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We went out there with the aim to enjoy the game and give developing players a chance to shine - the win was an added bonus.
“It [the league is a fantastic way for beginners and improving players to get real match experience. I hope the team will continue to improve with a view to new players moving up to play for [the first team] in the North London League next season.”
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action