Hampstead Ladies make winning start in Development League
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead Ladies got off to a winning start in the new Development League after a 24-run victory over Finchley.
Sally Jeffries hit 32 off 19 balls before having to retire as Hampstead posted 124-5 from their allotted extras – 43 of those runs being extras.
Sue Benson (33 retired) and Kylie White (30 retired) then ensured Finchley made a strong start to their chase, but Hampstead benefited from Thea Graham’s organisation and a structured game plan.
Emma Edwards took 3-5 runs off four overs and Connie Holden (1-17) and Graham (1-4) were also effective with the ball as Finchley were restricted to 100.
Graham said: “The team performed brilliantly and it was a great opportunity for all the players to gain important match experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We went out there with the aim to enjoy the game and give developing players a chance to shine - the win was an added bonus.
“It [the league is a fantastic way for beginners and improving players to get real match experience. I hope the team will continue to improve with a view to new players moving up to play for [the first team] in the North London League next season.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'