Hampstead Ladies make winning start in Development League
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead Ladies got off to a winning start in the new Development League after a 24-run victory over Finchley.
Sally Jeffries hit 32 off 19 balls before having to retire as Hampstead posted 124-5 from their allotted extras – 43 of those runs being extras.
Sue Benson (33 retired) and Kylie White (30 retired) then ensured Finchley made a strong start to their chase, but Hampstead benefited from Thea Graham’s organisation and a structured game plan.
Emma Edwards took 3-5 runs off four overs and Connie Holden (1-17) and Graham (1-4) were also effective with the ball as Finchley were restricted to 100.
Graham said: “The team performed brilliantly and it was a great opportunity for all the players to gain important match experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We went out there with the aim to enjoy the game and give developing players a chance to shine - the win was an added bonus.
“It [the league is a fantastic way for beginners and improving players to get real match experience. I hope the team will continue to improve with a view to new players moving up to play for [the first team] in the North London League next season.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station