Hampstead Ladies make winning start in Development League
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead Ladies got off to a winning start in the new Development League after a 24-run victory over Finchley.
Sally Jeffries hit 32 off 19 balls before having to retire as Hampstead posted 124-5 from their allotted extras – 43 of those runs being extras.
Sue Benson (33 retired) and Kylie White (30 retired) then ensured Finchley made a strong start to their chase, but Hampstead benefited from Thea Graham’s organisation and a structured game plan.
Emma Edwards took 3-5 runs off four overs and Connie Holden (1-17) and Graham (1-4) were also effective with the ball as Finchley were restricted to 100.
Graham said: “The team performed brilliantly and it was a great opportunity for all the players to gain important match experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We went out there with the aim to enjoy the game and give developing players a chance to shine - the win was an added bonus.
“It [the league is a fantastic way for beginners and improving players to get real match experience. I hope the team will continue to improve with a view to new players moving up to play for [the first team] in the North London League next season.”
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved