Hampstead ladies earn the right to represent Middlesex in Pearson Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead’s ladies will represent Middlesex in the inter-counties finals of the Pearson Trophy later this month after winning the London title.
Eighteen clubs contested the Middlesex crown in matches during the spring – each fielding seven-person teams – and Hampstead topped their group convincingly to progress to the finals day at Northwood, where they faced fellow group-winners Finchley, Hendon and Muswell Hill.
The semi-final pitted them against Finchley, and Hampstead’s first lady out, Susie Gregson won her match after just 11 of the 18 holes, paving the way for a 5-2 victory which sent Hampstead into the final against Hendon.
Hampstead had shown their strength in depth by drawing on a pool of 17 players during the season. And, although their seven finalists all had higher handicaps than their Hendon opponents, they performed admirably.
Hampstead were 3-2 down after five of the seven matches, but Hazel Stuart and Molly Meacher won their clashes to earn a 4-3 triumph.
You may also want to watch:
It is the third time that Hampstead have won the Middlesex title, following successes in 2002 and 2007, and they will contest the inter-counties finals against Kent, Hertfordshire and Surrey at Muswell Hill Golf Club on July 25.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill