Hampstead Ladies continue title defence with emphatic victory over Hemel Hempstead
- Credit: Archant
Defending champions Hampstead strode to an emphatic victory over Hemel Hempstead in Division A of the North London Women’s League.
Fielding first, Hampstead took their first wicket just 10 minutes into the game and continued to field tidily, keeping Hemel to a run-rate of just three per over until the first drinks break.
Tight bowling from both ends built up the pressure, with Sian Culley finishing her spell 0-14 and Ange Bonora 1-15 – both off six overs.
Punam Dahya then took the ball and claimed a wicket with her third ball, recording figures of 1-9 and bowling two maidens in her highly-impressive four overs as Hemel finished 92-3 from their allotted 30 overs.
Control was maintained at the crease after tea with opener Sian Culley hitting an unbeaten 31.
You may also want to watch:
The welcome return of skipper Lucy Horitz (16 not out) from injury and another strong display from Angela Bonora (20), who hit a six, meant Hampstead cruised to victory at 93-3 after 19 overs.
Horitz reflected: “It was the best all-round bowling that we’ve had this season, with all six bowlers on the money from the start.
- 1 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 2 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 3 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Shakespeare comedy and children's shows at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre
- 9 Boundary changes plan would 'split' Hampstead and see new Muswell Hill seat
- 10 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
“Again we demonstrated the depth of the Hampstead squad and I am confident we’ll be up there challenging for the title again.”