Hampstead Ladies continue title defence with emphatic victory over Hemel Hempstead
- Credit: Archant
Defending champions Hampstead strode to an emphatic victory over Hemel Hempstead in Division A of the North London Women’s League.
Fielding first, Hampstead took their first wicket just 10 minutes into the game and continued to field tidily, keeping Hemel to a run-rate of just three per over until the first drinks break.
Tight bowling from both ends built up the pressure, with Sian Culley finishing her spell 0-14 and Ange Bonora 1-15 – both off six overs.
Punam Dahya then took the ball and claimed a wicket with her third ball, recording figures of 1-9 and bowling two maidens in her highly-impressive four overs as Hemel finished 92-3 from their allotted 30 overs.
Control was maintained at the crease after tea with opener Sian Culley hitting an unbeaten 31.
You may also want to watch:
The welcome return of skipper Lucy Horitz (16 not out) from injury and another strong display from Angela Bonora (20), who hit a six, meant Hampstead cruised to victory at 93-3 after 19 overs.
Horitz reflected: “It was the best all-round bowling that we’ve had this season, with all six bowlers on the money from the start.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
“Again we demonstrated the depth of the Hampstead squad and I am confident we’ll be up there challenging for the title again.”