Hampstead Ladies continue title defence with emphatic victory over Hemel Hempstead
- Credit: Archant
Defending champions Hampstead strode to an emphatic victory over Hemel Hempstead in Division A of the North London Women’s League.
Fielding first, Hampstead took their first wicket just 10 minutes into the game and continued to field tidily, keeping Hemel to a run-rate of just three per over until the first drinks break.
Tight bowling from both ends built up the pressure, with Sian Culley finishing her spell 0-14 and Ange Bonora 1-15 – both off six overs.
Punam Dahya then took the ball and claimed a wicket with her third ball, recording figures of 1-9 and bowling two maidens in her highly-impressive four overs as Hemel finished 92-3 from their allotted 30 overs.
Control was maintained at the crease after tea with opener Sian Culley hitting an unbeaten 31.
You may also want to watch:
The welcome return of skipper Lucy Horitz (16 not out) from injury and another strong display from Angela Bonora (20), who hit a six, meant Hampstead cruised to victory at 93-3 after 19 overs.
Horitz reflected: “It was the best all-round bowling that we’ve had this season, with all six bowlers on the money from the start.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 8 'My theatre group saved my life on a Zoom call,' says amputee
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
“Again we demonstrated the depth of the Hampstead squad and I am confident we’ll be up there challenging for the title again.”