Hampstead Ladies are defeated at Radlett
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead’s ladies were defeated away at Radlett on Sunday in Division A of the North London Women’s League, despite a strong all-round performance.
The Lymington Road side opted to field first at the picturesque Hertfordshire ground and started well with an lbw from Angela Bonora (2-8) followed by an economical spell from Vicky Griffiths Fisher, who conceded just six runs off five overs.
An injury to Griffiths Fisher brought Rachael Hewer into the game, and medium pacer Ruth Charles (2-19) then took the crucial wicket of Alexis Mannion (32) before removing Amy Price (12), helped by a spectacular running catch in the deep from Emma Edwards.
As the momentum swung in Hampstead’s direction, wickets tumbled at the tail, with Sian Culley taking 4-27 and Jess Black returning to claim 2-25 as Radlett were bowled out for 132 after 28 overs.
In reply, Hampstead openers Culley (26) and Griffiths Fisher (38 not out) built up a strong 50-run partnership against testing bowling.
You may also want to watch:
Bonora added 12 but the rest of the batting order was unable to find the required runs as the visitors finished on 100-5 from their allotted 30 overs.
Skipper Lucy Horitz said: “We gave it our all but ultimately ran out of time. The team showed determination and grit and, despite the result, I’m really proud of them.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill