Hampstead Heath extend unbeaten run to 11 games after coming from behind to beat Bengeo Trinity
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead Heath extended their unbeaten run to 11 matches after coming from behind to triumph 3-2 away against Bengeo Trinity in Hertfordshire on Saturday, taking them level with their third-placed hosts in Division One of the Herts Senior County League.
Bengeo beat Hampstead 6-0 in the reverse fixture earlier in the season, but that was the last time the maroons have been defeated, and they have since secured 10 wins and a draw.
They initially fell behind in their latest victory as Ross Murphy finished sharply following a parry from Heath goalkeeper Declan Green – and Bengeo could easily have been further ahead at the interval.
However, an injury to Hampstead’s left midfielder Shai Revivo forced the visitors to change their shape at half time, and the tactical change helped them to take control.
Ten minutes into the second period Adam Klein’s excellent run and cross resulted in a side-footed volley by Sam Berry, who levelled. Then, in the 65th minute, Klein crossed for Berry again – and although his ferocious strike was saved, Jason Osubu pounced at close range.
You may also want to watch:
Amity Vedara, who had replaced Revivo at the break, headed Heath into a 3-1 lead with nine minutes left. And, although Daniel Hogarth pulled a goal back from the penalty spot with 30 seconds left after Klein was adjudged to have handled on the goal-line, Heath departed with the three points.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 5 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17