Hampstead FC Under-15s secure ‘double double’ after League Cup triumph
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead FC’s Under-15 team won the League Cup on Saturday, beating AFC Camden & Islington 5-0 in the final to win the league and cup double for the second year in a row.
Played at Hampstead’s home ground at the Chase Lodge playing fields, the match was a one-sided affair.
Early goals from captain James McWilliams and Dylan Middlebrook were followed by a Francis Amartey brace after the interval, and Ben Nohr completed the rout.
Hampstead Under-15s secured the league title for the third season running three weeks ago at Regent’s Park.
Both trophies were presented after Saturday’s cup final by the Regent’s Park league manager Will Cave.
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead’s successes this campaign mean that history has repeated itself, as they also won the same trophies last season.
Hampstead manager Andy Histed said: “To win the league three years running and do the ‘double double’ is a massive achievement by the players. They have been outstanding and have played attractive free-flowing football all season.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
“They really are a wonderful group of players, and they have already said they want to win both trophies again next season.”
Hampstead Football Club will be holding trials for next season by invitation only.
If any boys and girls have what it takes and want to join the club, contact Andy Histed on 07702242732.