Hampstead close in on top spot after third successive victory
- Credit: Max Flego
Hampstead moved to within three points of top spot in the Premier Division of the Middlesex County Cricket League after winning their third successive game on Saturday.
Steve Clark’s side, who sit in second place, triumphed away at Teddington by seven wickets, while leaders Richmond suffered a home defeat against Southgate.
Teddington elected to bat but captain Clark led the way with the ball, taking 5-37 to leave the hosts 91-9 – and it took a 37-run last-wicket partnership to get them into triple figures and up to 128 before they were bowled out.
Hampstead made light work of the chase and opening batsmen Clark (27) and George Adair (51) laid firm foundations, while Jamie Gibson added 12 as the visitors reached 80-1.
Jaahid Ali (13 not out) and Ragheb Aga (20no) then finished the job in the 29th over.
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead host Stanmore at Lymington Road on Saturday.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue