Hampstead close in on top spot after third successive victory
- Credit: Max Flego
Hampstead moved to within three points of top spot in the Premier Division of the Middlesex County Cricket League after winning their third successive game on Saturday.
Steve Clark’s side, who sit in second place, triumphed away at Teddington by seven wickets, while leaders Richmond suffered a home defeat against Southgate.
Teddington elected to bat but captain Clark led the way with the ball, taking 5-37 to leave the hosts 91-9 – and it took a 37-run last-wicket partnership to get them into triple figures and up to 128 before they were bowled out.
Hampstead made light work of the chase and opening batsmen Clark (27) and George Adair (51) laid firm foundations, while Jamie Gibson added 12 as the visitors reached 80-1.
Jaahid Ali (13 not out) and Ragheb Aga (20no) then finished the job in the 29th over.
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead host Stanmore at Lymington Road on Saturday.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally