Hampstead close in on top spot after third successive victory
- Credit: Max Flego
Hampstead moved to within three points of top spot in the Premier Division of the Middlesex County Cricket League after winning their third successive game on Saturday.
Steve Clark’s side, who sit in second place, triumphed away at Teddington by seven wickets, while leaders Richmond suffered a home defeat against Southgate.
Teddington elected to bat but captain Clark led the way with the ball, taking 5-37 to leave the hosts 91-9 – and it took a 37-run last-wicket partnership to get them into triple figures and up to 128 before they were bowled out.
Hampstead made light work of the chase and opening batsmen Clark (27) and George Adair (51) laid firm foundations, while Jamie Gibson added 12 as the visitors reached 80-1.
Jaahid Ali (13 not out) and Ragheb Aga (20no) then finished the job in the 29th over.
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead host Stanmore at Lymington Road on Saturday.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 7 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate