Hampstead close in on top spot after third successive victory
- Credit: Max Flego
Hampstead moved to within three points of top spot in the Premier Division of the Middlesex County Cricket League after winning their third successive game on Saturday.
Steve Clark’s side, who sit in second place, triumphed away at Teddington by seven wickets, while leaders Richmond suffered a home defeat against Southgate.
Teddington elected to bat but captain Clark led the way with the ball, taking 5-37 to leave the hosts 91-9 – and it took a 37-run last-wicket partnership to get them into triple figures and up to 128 before they were bowled out.
Hampstead made light work of the chase and opening batsmen Clark (27) and George Adair (51) laid firm foundations, while Jamie Gibson added 12 as the visitors reached 80-1.
Jaahid Ali (13 not out) and Ragheb Aga (20no) then finished the job in the 29th over.
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead host Stanmore at Lymington Road on Saturday.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke