Cricket: Hampstead women to hold open training session
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead Cricket Club’s women are looking forward to the new season with an open training session on April 23.
The first team play in the Championship on Sundays after gaining promotion from the Southern League, while the seconds play in the Four Counties League.
And Hampstead also have a development squad for players who are new to the sport, who play against other such local teams.
They train outdoors through spring and summer, with around 20-30 girls and women attending, and organise a variety of social events throughout the season.
The open training session takes place at Hampstead CC (NW6 1HZ) on Tuesday April 23 from 6.30pn-8pm and the closest tube station is West Hampstead, with Finchley Road & Frognal the nearest train station.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in attending only needs to bring sportswear, but are also welcome to bring kit if they have it, although this is not essential for the first session.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 10 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs