Cricket: Hampstead women to hold open training session
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead Cricket Club’s women are looking forward to the new season with an open training session on April 23.
The first team play in the Championship on Sundays after gaining promotion from the Southern League, while the seconds play in the Four Counties League.
And Hampstead also have a development squad for players who are new to the sport, who play against other such local teams.
They train outdoors through spring and summer, with around 20-30 girls and women attending, and organise a variety of social events throughout the season.
The open training session takes place at Hampstead CC (NW6 1HZ) on Tuesday April 23 from 6.30pn-8pm and the closest tube station is West Hampstead, with Finchley Road & Frognal the nearest train station.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in attending only needs to bring sportswear, but are also welcome to bring kit if they have it, although this is not essential for the first session.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 9 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again