Hampstead ladies continue unbeaten start to the new season
- Credit: Dale Headley
Hampstead & Westminster Ladies continued their strong start to the season with a narrow 1-0 victory over University of Birmingham.
Hampstead were determined to continue their undefeated start to the season and put Birmingham under significant pressure from the start at the Paddington Recreation Ground.
Birmingham proved a difficult side to break down and Hampstead failed to convert a significant number of penalty corners.
The deadlock was eventually broken when Lucy Hyams showed some excellent composure to convert a backhand shot from a short corner rebound.
The game stayed tight until the final whistle as Hampstead had two penalty strokes saved by the young Birmingham goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
The game finished 1-0 to Hampstead, who on another day would have looked to have made more of their chances, but were delighted to continue their excellent start to the season with four out of four wins.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill