Hampstead and Westminster duo receive England call-ups
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Two Hampstead & Westminster hockey players have been called up to the England men’s squad for the Invitational Four Nations series.
Will Calnan and Harry Martin have both been included in the squad for the tournament which takes place between August 1 and August 4 and will act as a warm-up for this year's EuroHockey Championships.
England will take on Ireland, Spain and Malaysia out in Barcelona in their first competitive outing since finishing fourth at the 2018 Hockey Men's World Cup, with 15 members of that side named in the latest squad.
They will open the tournament against Ireland on August 1 before facing hosts Spain, who they will also play in their group during the EuroHockey Championships, the following day.
Danny Kerry's side then face Malaysia in their final game on 4 August.
You may also want to watch:
The EuroHockey Championships in Antwerp take place between August 16 and 25.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 5 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 6 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 7 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies