Hampstead and Westminster duo receive England call-ups
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Two Hampstead & Westminster hockey players have been called up to the England men’s squad for the Invitational Four Nations series.
Will Calnan and Harry Martin have both been included in the squad for the tournament which takes place between August 1 and August 4 and will act as a warm-up for this year's EuroHockey Championships.
England will take on Ireland, Spain and Malaysia out in Barcelona in their first competitive outing since finishing fourth at the 2018 Hockey Men's World Cup, with 15 members of that side named in the latest squad.
They will open the tournament against Ireland on August 1 before facing hosts Spain, who they will also play in their group during the EuroHockey Championships, the following day.
Danny Kerry's side then face Malaysia in their final game on 4 August.
You may also want to watch:
The EuroHockey Championships in Antwerp take place between August 16 and 25.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 7 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'