Hampstead and Westminster duo receive England call-ups
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Two Hampstead & Westminster hockey players have been called up to the England men’s squad for the Invitational Four Nations series.
Will Calnan and Harry Martin have both been included in the squad for the tournament which takes place between August 1 and August 4 and will act as a warm-up for this year's EuroHockey Championships.
England will take on Ireland, Spain and Malaysia out in Barcelona in their first competitive outing since finishing fourth at the 2018 Hockey Men's World Cup, with 15 members of that side named in the latest squad.
They will open the tournament against Ireland on August 1 before facing hosts Spain, who they will also play in their group during the EuroHockey Championships, the following day.
Danny Kerry's side then face Malaysia in their final game on 4 August.
You may also want to watch:
The EuroHockey Championships in Antwerp take place between August 16 and 25.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 9 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 10 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'