Hampstead earn first win of season
- Credit: Archant
Women’s Championship South East Two: Hampstead 42 Lewes 5
Hampstead earned their first victory of the Women’s Championship South East Two season with a 42-5 victory at home to Lewes.
The home team opened the scoring early by kicking a penalty, but the visitors hit back immediately with a try of their own from an opportunistic intercept.
Hampstead’s pressure soon told, with some excellent play from the forwards and scrum-half Rachel Berry resulting in several scores, while fullback Kelly Howard also charged over with a fine try.
Hampstead’s lineout was functioning well all game and provided a platform for the home side.
Lewes came back into the match just after half time with some strong carries and pressured Hampstead’s try line.
The hosts, though, held out and were able to score some more tries before the end of the game,
- 1 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 2 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 3 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 4 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 5 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 6 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 7 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
- 8 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 9 Crime writer: Why I'm donating royalties to Dogs Trust
- 10 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
Anita Oliver consistently got Hampstead over the gain line and forward of the match Jen Richards bagged a brace of tries.