Hampstead earn first win of season
- Credit: Archant
Women’s Championship South East Two: Hampstead 42 Lewes 5
Hampstead earned their first victory of the Women’s Championship South East Two season with a 42-5 victory at home to Lewes.
The home team opened the scoring early by kicking a penalty, but the visitors hit back immediately with a try of their own from an opportunistic intercept.
Hampstead’s pressure soon told, with some excellent play from the forwards and scrum-half Rachel Berry resulting in several scores, while fullback Kelly Howard also charged over with a fine try.
Hampstead’s lineout was functioning well all game and provided a platform for the home side.
You may also want to watch:
Lewes came back into the match just after half time with some strong carries and pressured Hampstead’s try line.
The hosts, though, held out and were able to score some more tries before the end of the game,
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 5 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 6 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 7 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
Anita Oliver consistently got Hampstead over the gain line and forward of the match Jen Richards bagged a brace of tries.