Hampstead earn first win of season
- Credit: Archant
Women’s Championship South East Two: Hampstead 42 Lewes 5
Hampstead earned their first victory of the Women’s Championship South East Two season with a 42-5 victory at home to Lewes.
The home team opened the scoring early by kicking a penalty, but the visitors hit back immediately with a try of their own from an opportunistic intercept.
Hampstead’s pressure soon told, with some excellent play from the forwards and scrum-half Rachel Berry resulting in several scores, while fullback Kelly Howard also charged over with a fine try.
Hampstead’s lineout was functioning well all game and provided a platform for the home side.
You may also want to watch:
Lewes came back into the match just after half time with some strong carries and pressured Hampstead’s try line.
The hosts, though, held out and were able to score some more tries before the end of the game,
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 8 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
Anita Oliver consistently got Hampstead over the gain line and forward of the match Jen Richards bagged a brace of tries.