Hampstead earn first win of season
- Credit: Archant
Women’s Championship South East Two: Hampstead 42 Lewes 5
Hampstead earned their first victory of the Women’s Championship South East Two season with a 42-5 victory at home to Lewes.
The home team opened the scoring early by kicking a penalty, but the visitors hit back immediately with a try of their own from an opportunistic intercept.
Hampstead’s pressure soon told, with some excellent play from the forwards and scrum-half Rachel Berry resulting in several scores, while fullback Kelly Howard also charged over with a fine try.
Hampstead’s lineout was functioning well all game and provided a platform for the home side.
You may also want to watch:
Lewes came back into the match just after half time with some strong carries and pressured Hampstead’s try line.
The hosts, though, held out and were able to score some more tries before the end of the game,
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Wounded Crouch End pensioner 'shaken up' after zebra crossing collision
- 4 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 5 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 6 What Paulo Fonseca means for Tottenham Hotspur?
- 7 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 8 New headteachers at Harris Academy St John's Wood and Camden School for Girls
- 9 Stephen Mangan's first book is a family affair
- 10 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside of Hornsey block
Anita Oliver consistently got Hampstead over the gain line and forward of the match Jen Richards bagged a brace of tries.