Hampstead women ease past Horsham
- Credit: Archant
Investec Conference East: Hampstead & Westminster 4 Horsham 0
Hampstead & Westminster women’s first team eased to a 4-0 win at home to Horsham in the Investec Conference East.
Hampstead had a tentative start to the first half, but following a flurry of short corners, Fleur Horner broke the deadlock from top D 20 minutes into the game.
Although the home side kept the pressure on, the score remained 1-0 at the half time break.
Hampstead found their rhythm in the second half and started to dominate play.
The Horsham goalkeeper made a number of excellent saves in the first 10 minutes of the second half.
Eventually Lou Radford punished the visitors again, tapping in a goal following some excellent build up play to make it 2-0 on 49 minutes.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 9 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 10 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
Hampstead continued to dominate throughout the rest of the second half, with a lot of chances created.
They wrapped up the win with two more stunning goals by Amy Askew and Jess Orret in less than 60 second to take the game beyond Horsham with ten minutes left on the clock.