Hampstead women ease past Horsham
- Credit: Archant
Investec Conference East: Hampstead & Westminster 4 Horsham 0
Hampstead & Westminster women’s first team eased to a 4-0 win at home to Horsham in the Investec Conference East.
Hampstead had a tentative start to the first half, but following a flurry of short corners, Fleur Horner broke the deadlock from top D 20 minutes into the game.
Although the home side kept the pressure on, the score remained 1-0 at the half time break.
Hampstead found their rhythm in the second half and started to dominate play.
You may also want to watch:
The Horsham goalkeeper made a number of excellent saves in the first 10 minutes of the second half.
Eventually Lou Radford punished the visitors again, tapping in a goal following some excellent build up play to make it 2-0 on 49 minutes.
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 7 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Hampstead Heath: Does an increase in visitors mean fewer birds?
Hampstead continued to dominate throughout the rest of the second half, with a lot of chances created.
They wrapped up the win with two more stunning goals by Amy Askew and Jess Orret in less than 60 second to take the game beyond Horsham with ten minutes left on the clock.