Hampstead women ease past Horsham
- Credit: Archant
Investec Conference East: Hampstead & Westminster 4 Horsham 0
Hampstead & Westminster women’s first team eased to a 4-0 win at home to Horsham in the Investec Conference East.
Hampstead had a tentative start to the first half, but following a flurry of short corners, Fleur Horner broke the deadlock from top D 20 minutes into the game.
Although the home side kept the pressure on, the score remained 1-0 at the half time break.
Hampstead found their rhythm in the second half and started to dominate play.
The Horsham goalkeeper made a number of excellent saves in the first 10 minutes of the second half.
Eventually Lou Radford punished the visitors again, tapping in a goal following some excellent build up play to make it 2-0 on 49 minutes.
- 1 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 2 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 3 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 4 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 5 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 6 George Michael's Highgate piano to be auctioned off
- 7 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
- 8 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 9 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 10 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
Hampstead continued to dominate throughout the rest of the second half, with a lot of chances created.
They wrapped up the win with two more stunning goals by Amy Askew and Jess Orret in less than 60 second to take the game beyond Horsham with ten minutes left on the clock.