Hampstead women ease past Horsham
- Credit: Archant
Investec Conference East: Hampstead & Westminster 4 Horsham 0
Hampstead & Westminster women’s first team eased to a 4-0 win at home to Horsham in the Investec Conference East.
Hampstead had a tentative start to the first half, but following a flurry of short corners, Fleur Horner broke the deadlock from top D 20 minutes into the game.
Although the home side kept the pressure on, the score remained 1-0 at the half time break.
Hampstead found their rhythm in the second half and started to dominate play.
You may also want to watch:
The Horsham goalkeeper made a number of excellent saves in the first 10 minutes of the second half.
Eventually Lou Radford punished the visitors again, tapping in a goal following some excellent build up play to make it 2-0 on 49 minutes.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
Hampstead continued to dominate throughout the rest of the second half, with a lot of chances created.
They wrapped up the win with two more stunning goals by Amy Askew and Jess Orret in less than 60 second to take the game beyond Horsham with ten minutes left on the clock.