Hampstead women beaten in opener
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Women’s Championship South East Two: Hampstead 12 Hammersmith & Fulham 17
Hampstead started the Women’s Championship South East Two season with a narrow 17-12 loss at home to Hammersmith & Fulham.
The first try came from Hammersmith’s very solid scrum with a pick from their powerful number eight.
Following a period of pressure from both sides, Hammersmith capitalised on another good scrum to dot down a try in the corner.
The rest of the first half remained scoreless with some good phases from both sides.
You may also want to watch:
Some quick-thinking from Hampstead stopped a certain try when a bouncing kick ended up in the goal area.
The second half saw an upturn in Hampstead fortunes with some excellent steals on the floor and some big hits.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
Hammersmith again capitalised to take their haul to 17 points, before Hampstead pulled back two tries.
Megan Griffiths made her way over the line, while Chrissi Ranke with fine score from halfway as Hampstead earned a losing bonus point.