Hampstead women beaten in opener
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Women’s Championship South East Two: Hampstead 12 Hammersmith & Fulham 17
Hampstead started the Women’s Championship South East Two season with a narrow 17-12 loss at home to Hammersmith & Fulham.
The first try came from Hammersmith’s very solid scrum with a pick from their powerful number eight.
Following a period of pressure from both sides, Hammersmith capitalised on another good scrum to dot down a try in the corner.
The rest of the first half remained scoreless with some good phases from both sides.
You may also want to watch:
Some quick-thinking from Hampstead stopped a certain try when a bouncing kick ended up in the goal area.
The second half saw an upturn in Hampstead fortunes with some excellent steals on the floor and some big hits.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
Hammersmith again capitalised to take their haul to 17 points, before Hampstead pulled back two tries.
Megan Griffiths made her way over the line, while Chrissi Ranke with fine score from halfway as Hampstead earned a losing bonus point.