Hampstead women beaten in opener
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Women’s Championship South East Two: Hampstead 12 Hammersmith & Fulham 17
Hampstead started the Women’s Championship South East Two season with a narrow 17-12 loss at home to Hammersmith & Fulham.
The first try came from Hammersmith’s very solid scrum with a pick from their powerful number eight.
Following a period of pressure from both sides, Hammersmith capitalised on another good scrum to dot down a try in the corner.
The rest of the first half remained scoreless with some good phases from both sides.
Some quick-thinking from Hampstead stopped a certain try when a bouncing kick ended up in the goal area.
The second half saw an upturn in Hampstead fortunes with some excellent steals on the floor and some big hits.
- 1 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 2 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 3 CCTV: ‘Violent’ Archway Road shop robbery
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 8 'Looking for '70s or '80s clothing? Here is a north London gem'
- 9 Three dogs saved from Swiss Cottage flat fire
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after blaze destroys Abbey Road flat
Hammersmith again capitalised to take their haul to 17 points, before Hampstead pulled back two tries.
Megan Griffiths made her way over the line, while Chrissi Ranke with fine score from halfway as Hampstead earned a losing bonus point.