Gower Allstars prepare for London Sunday Junior Cup final
- Credit: Archant
After heartbreak last season, the Camden-based club are desperate to win silverware this time
Gower Allstars are gearing up for the biggest game in their history when they play in the London Sunday Junior Cup final this coming weekend.
For the Camden-based club, it has been a long time coming and is just reward after they went so close to qualifying for the final last season.
The Allstars will do battle with FC Karpaz for the trophy and the match will take place at Fisher FC’s St Paul’s Ground.
Kick-off on Sunday, April 7 is at 11am and Gower will aim to show they are the best of the 160 teams who entered the amateur tournament.
Reaching the final this time is extra special given how close they came to making it in 2018.
Boss Phil Glyn said: “Last year we got knocked out in the last minute of the semi final, so this is most definitely redemption and hopefully we get the trophy at the end.”
- 1 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 2 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 3 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 4 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 5 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
- 6 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 7 Camden Council settles £130m Chalcots lawsuit for £19m
- 8 Six Hampstead Town by-election candidates seeking votes on July 7
- 9 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 10 Paddling pool to be open all week after pipes replaced
After beating FC Lokomotiv Thunder 4-2 in the last-four, Gower will now aim to finish the job and claim glory on Sunday.