Gourlay secures fourth spot
HIGHGATE finished the Division Three season on a high with a gritty win over Barnet Bs at Shepherd s Cot on Saturday. The resolute victory, Highgate's seventh of the season, lifted them to 85 points...
MCL DIVISION THREE
Highgate 207-8 (10pts) beat Barnet Bs 200 (0pts)
HIGHGATE finished the Division Three season on a high with a gritty win over Barnet Bs at Shepherd's Cot on Saturday.
The resolute victory, Highgate's seventh of the season, lifted them to 85 points to finish the season in fourth place behind champions Harrow Town (119).
Highgate won the toss and opted to bat and started well with opener James Warburton scorching to 36 in partnership with Jake Sharland (44).
The hosts were rocked with the pair's departure, Warburton trapped lbw and Sharland caught, and lost their next three wickets for just 13 runs.
- 1 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 2 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 3 'Unacceptable': Highgate fears over TfL bus changes
- 4 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 5 Haringey first council to call for Edmonton incinerator pause
- 6 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 8 Man charged with north London double murder of father and daughter
- 9 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 10 Remembering Katie: Ex-Ham&High reporter killed by carbon monoxide
But the arrival of skipper Craig Gourlay (70) got the innings underway again until he was caught. Ponniah Vijendran (20 not out) continued to add to the tally until the declaration in the 55th over opn 207-8.
In reply the Bs started well with Jaspal Sharma reaching 21 and Amardeep Mudhar 17 until they were both removed by Tony Duckett (5-72).
The visitors pushed on but, with we exception of Zubair Amin (40) failed to repel the attack and were all out for 200 in the 39th over. Gourlay took 3-54 and Andrew Browne 2-47.