Gourlay secures fourth spot
HIGHGATE finished the Division Three season on a high with a gritty win over Barnet Bs at Shepherd s Cot on Saturday. The resolute victory, Highgate's seventh of the season, lifted them to 85 points...
MCL DIVISION THREE
Highgate 207-8 (10pts) beat Barnet Bs 200 (0pts)
HIGHGATE finished the Division Three season on a high with a gritty win over Barnet Bs at Shepherd's Cot on Saturday.
The resolute victory, Highgate's seventh of the season, lifted them to 85 points to finish the season in fourth place behind champions Harrow Town (119).
You may also want to watch:
Highgate won the toss and opted to bat and started well with opener James Warburton scorching to 36 in partnership with Jake Sharland (44).
The hosts were rocked with the pair's departure, Warburton trapped lbw and Sharland caught, and lost their next three wickets for just 13 runs.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!
But the arrival of skipper Craig Gourlay (70) got the innings underway again until he was caught. Ponniah Vijendran (20 not out) continued to add to the tally until the declaration in the 55th over opn 207-8.
In reply the Bs started well with Jaspal Sharma reaching 21 and Amardeep Mudhar 17 until they were both removed by Tony Duckett (5-72).
The visitors pushed on but, with we exception of Zubair Amin (40) failed to repel the attack and were all out for 200 in the 39th over. Gourlay took 3-54 and Andrew Browne 2-47.