Good win for Hampstead women
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead’s women came out on top against Old Actonians on Sunday.
Put into bat, they had good contributions throughout the side to reach 151-9 from their 40 overs.
Harriet Millard top scored with 25, with six other players reaching double figures.
The home side began well in reply, scoring 12 runs from the first four balls, before Hampstead’s Bex Hay and Imogen Webb hit back to reduce them to 17-3.
A fourth-wicket stand of 68 put Actonians back on track, but Jayde Ellis (2-27) made the breakthrough and wickets continued to fall at regular intervals.
You may also want to watch:
Jess Black produced a fine spell late on to claim three wickets without conceding a single run as Actonians closed on 119.
Hampstead captain Black said: “We showed our mental strength and perseverance as a team. It was hard work with the bat and ball but we kept pushing and managed to get the result we deserved.”
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 7 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 10 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity