Good win for Hampstead women
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead’s women came out on top against Old Actonians on Sunday.
Put into bat, they had good contributions throughout the side to reach 151-9 from their 40 overs.
Harriet Millard top scored with 25, with six other players reaching double figures.
The home side began well in reply, scoring 12 runs from the first four balls, before Hampstead’s Bex Hay and Imogen Webb hit back to reduce them to 17-3.
A fourth-wicket stand of 68 put Actonians back on track, but Jayde Ellis (2-27) made the breakthrough and wickets continued to fall at regular intervals.
You may also want to watch:
Jess Black produced a fine spell late on to claim three wickets without conceding a single run as Actonians closed on 119.
Hampstead captain Black said: “We showed our mental strength and perseverance as a team. It was hard work with the bat and ball but we kept pushing and managed to get the result we deserved.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate