Good win for Hampstead women
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead’s women came out on top against Old Actonians on Sunday.
Put into bat, they had good contributions throughout the side to reach 151-9 from their 40 overs.
Harriet Millard top scored with 25, with six other players reaching double figures.
The home side began well in reply, scoring 12 runs from the first four balls, before Hampstead’s Bex Hay and Imogen Webb hit back to reduce them to 17-3.
A fourth-wicket stand of 68 put Actonians back on track, but Jayde Ellis (2-27) made the breakthrough and wickets continued to fall at regular intervals.
You may also want to watch:
Jess Black produced a fine spell late on to claim three wickets without conceding a single run as Actonians closed on 119.
Hampstead captain Black said: “We showed our mental strength and perseverance as a team. It was hard work with the bat and ball but we kept pushing and managed to get the result we deserved.”
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release