Good win for Hampstead women
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead’s women came out on top against Old Actonians on Sunday.
Put into bat, they had good contributions throughout the side to reach 151-9 from their 40 overs.
Harriet Millard top scored with 25, with six other players reaching double figures.
The home side began well in reply, scoring 12 runs from the first four balls, before Hampstead’s Bex Hay and Imogen Webb hit back to reduce them to 17-3.
A fourth-wicket stand of 68 put Actonians back on track, but Jayde Ellis (2-27) made the breakthrough and wickets continued to fall at regular intervals.
You may also want to watch:
Jess Black produced a fine spell late on to claim three wickets without conceding a single run as Actonians closed on 119.
Hampstead captain Black said: “We showed our mental strength and perseverance as a team. It was hard work with the bat and ball but we kept pushing and managed to get the result we deserved.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 6 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 7 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre