Golf: Hampstead miss out on Pearson Cup glory despite hole-in-one from Julia Male
- Credit: Archant
Women’s team beaten by eventual champions in semi-finals
Julia Male hit a hole-in-one for Hampstead GC in the Inter-Counties Finals of the Pearson Cup, but it could not prevent her team from going out in the semis.
The Pearson Cup is features 159 clubs from Middlesex, Surrey, Kent and Hertfordshire, with over 2,000 matches played.
Hampstead had earned the right to represent Middlesex earlier this month having won through from the county finals, and were joined by the respective club champions from Surrey, Kent and Hertfordhsire.
In the semi-finals, Hampstead were drawn against Kent champions Redlibbets in what was expected to be a close-fought fixture.
You may also want to watch:
The game with Redlibbets was taken to a decider, with both teams winning three of the first six matches.
Male was perhaps the most spectacular winner, hitting an ace on the 14th to triumph 6&4 in her tie.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
However, in the decider, Hampstead were beaten on the 17th green, with Redlibbets going on to win the tournament.