Golf: Hampstead miss out on Pearson Cup glory despite hole-in-one from Julia Male
- Credit: Archant
Women’s team beaten by eventual champions in semi-finals
Julia Male hit a hole-in-one for Hampstead GC in the Inter-Counties Finals of the Pearson Cup, but it could not prevent her team from going out in the semis.
The Pearson Cup is features 159 clubs from Middlesex, Surrey, Kent and Hertfordshire, with over 2,000 matches played.
Hampstead had earned the right to represent Middlesex earlier this month having won through from the county finals, and were joined by the respective club champions from Surrey, Kent and Hertfordhsire.
In the semi-finals, Hampstead were drawn against Kent champions Redlibbets in what was expected to be a close-fought fixture.
You may also want to watch:
The game with Redlibbets was taken to a decider, with both teams winning three of the first six matches.
Male was perhaps the most spectacular winner, hitting an ace on the 14th to triumph 6&4 in her tie.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 5 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
However, in the decider, Hampstead were beaten on the 17th green, with Redlibbets going on to win the tournament.