Golf: Hampstead miss out on Pearson Cup glory despite hole-in-one from Julia Male
- Credit: Archant
Women’s team beaten by eventual champions in semi-finals
Julia Male hit a hole-in-one for Hampstead GC in the Inter-Counties Finals of the Pearson Cup, but it could not prevent her team from going out in the semis.
The Pearson Cup is features 159 clubs from Middlesex, Surrey, Kent and Hertfordshire, with over 2,000 matches played.
Hampstead had earned the right to represent Middlesex earlier this month having won through from the county finals, and were joined by the respective club champions from Surrey, Kent and Hertfordhsire.
In the semi-finals, Hampstead were drawn against Kent champions Redlibbets in what was expected to be a close-fought fixture.
You may also want to watch:
The game with Redlibbets was taken to a decider, with both teams winning three of the first six matches.
Male was perhaps the most spectacular winner, hitting an ace on the 14th to triumph 6&4 in her tie.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
However, in the decider, Hampstead were beaten on the 17th green, with Redlibbets going on to win the tournament.