Golf: Hampstead miss out on Pearson Cup glory despite hole-in-one from Julia Male
- Credit: Archant
Women’s team beaten by eventual champions in semi-finals
Julia Male hit a hole-in-one for Hampstead GC in the Inter-Counties Finals of the Pearson Cup, but it could not prevent her team from going out in the semis.
The Pearson Cup is features 159 clubs from Middlesex, Surrey, Kent and Hertfordshire, with over 2,000 matches played.
Hampstead had earned the right to represent Middlesex earlier this month having won through from the county finals, and were joined by the respective club champions from Surrey, Kent and Hertfordhsire.
In the semi-finals, Hampstead were drawn against Kent champions Redlibbets in what was expected to be a close-fought fixture.
You may also want to watch:
The game with Redlibbets was taken to a decider, with both teams winning three of the first six matches.
Male was perhaps the most spectacular winner, hitting an ace on the 14th to triumph 6&4 in her tie.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Camden arts charity sets up award in memory of actor Helen McCrory
However, in the decider, Hampstead were beaten on the 17th green, with Redlibbets going on to win the tournament.