Three time player of the season Shane Gore departs Wingate & Finchley
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Long-serving Wingate & Finchley goalkeeper Shane Gore has been released by the club ahead of the upcoming season.
The 38-year-old has been with the Blues for four seasons where he has won Player of the year in three of those campaigns.
But now his time at the Maurice Rebak Stadium has come to an end after a historic FA Trophy and a play-off campaign plus some relegation battles during his time.
“With a heavy heart after four very enjoyable years at Wingate my time has come to an end,” Gore tweeted.
“I can’t stress enough how many good people there are and have been on and off the pitch there, whom I will miss dearly.
You may also want to watch:
“Many special highlights including the play-offs, the last day survival, and the FA Trophy runs.
“On a personal note to win player of the year three times in a row is something I will look back on with pride.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
“Football is a game of opinions so sadly I now have to move on, but I’m excited to see where things go next.
“Thank you Wingate for all the special times.”