Three time player of the season Shane Gore departs Wingate & Finchley
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Long-serving Wingate & Finchley goalkeeper Shane Gore has been released by the club ahead of the upcoming season.
The 38-year-old has been with the Blues for four seasons where he has won Player of the year in three of those campaigns.
But now his time at the Maurice Rebak Stadium has come to an end after a historic FA Trophy and a play-off campaign plus some relegation battles during his time.
“With a heavy heart after four very enjoyable years at Wingate my time has come to an end,” Gore tweeted.
“I can’t stress enough how many good people there are and have been on and off the pitch there, whom I will miss dearly.
You may also want to watch:
“Many special highlights including the play-offs, the last day survival, and the FA Trophy runs.
“On a personal note to win player of the year three times in a row is something I will look back on with pride.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 8 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
“Football is a game of opinions so sadly I now have to move on, but I’m excited to see where things go next.
“Thank you Wingate for all the special times.”