Three time player of the season Shane Gore departs Wingate & Finchley
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Long-serving Wingate & Finchley goalkeeper Shane Gore has been released by the club ahead of the upcoming season.
The 38-year-old has been with the Blues for four seasons where he has won Player of the year in three of those campaigns.
But now his time at the Maurice Rebak Stadium has come to an end after a historic FA Trophy and a play-off campaign plus some relegation battles during his time.
“With a heavy heart after four very enjoyable years at Wingate my time has come to an end,” Gore tweeted.
“I can’t stress enough how many good people there are and have been on and off the pitch there, whom I will miss dearly.
“Many special highlights including the play-offs, the last day survival, and the FA Trophy runs.
“On a personal note to win player of the year three times in a row is something I will look back on with pride.
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 4 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 5 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 6 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 7 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 8 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 9 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 10 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
“Football is a game of opinions so sadly I now have to move on, but I’m excited to see where things go next.
“Thank you Wingate for all the special times.”