Girls from Park View School celebrate National Table Tennis Day at London event
- Credit: Stephen Pover
Students from a Haringey school celebrated National Table Tennis Day last Thursday at a special event for girls.
Park View School students joined in a range of activities all designed to engage girls in the sport at the This Girl Can Ping event held at the Greenhouse Table Tennis Centre in Westminster.
Nine girls aged between 12 and 15 attended from the school on West Green Road.
PE Teacher Charlie Heath said: "We have several tables at the school, all well used, but more boys than girls play. This event has been amazing and exciting with all different types of table tennis activities.
"The girls really enjoyed themselves and we expect them to be more enthusiastic and take on the boys."
You may also want to watch:
This annual celebration was introduced by Table Tennis England in 2014 and all participants received free bats, t-shirts, certificates and goody bags containing table tennis items.
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United