Girls from Park View School celebrate National Table Tennis Day at London event
- Credit: Stephen Pover
Students from a Haringey school celebrated National Table Tennis Day last Thursday at a special event for girls.
Park View School students joined in a range of activities all designed to engage girls in the sport at the This Girl Can Ping event held at the Greenhouse Table Tennis Centre in Westminster.
Nine girls aged between 12 and 15 attended from the school on West Green Road.
PE Teacher Charlie Heath said: "We have several tables at the school, all well used, but more boys than girls play. This event has been amazing and exciting with all different types of table tennis activities.
"The girls really enjoyed themselves and we expect them to be more enthusiastic and take on the boys."
You may also want to watch:
This annual celebration was introduced by Table Tennis England in 2014 and all participants received free bats, t-shirts, certificates and goody bags containing table tennis items.
- 1 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report