Gharib bids to extend unbeaten start to pro career
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Finchley amateur Mo Gharib continues his pro career when he face Dean Evans at York Hall on Saturday.
The unbeaten lightweight, who had almost 100 amateur contests with four different lcubs in north London, competes on another busy Goodwin promotion.
It was with Finchley that Gharib enjoyed one of his greatest successes, winning the London Elite title.
*Haringey Police featherweight Amy Andrew will represent New Zealand when the AIBA Women’s World Championships get underway on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew said: “All my family are from New Zealand. I entered the ABA of England and obviously I did not win it and the standard is really high.
“I went back to New Zealand and won their national championship to reach the world championships, which is a massive thing for me.”
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 10 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
This year’s competition will take place in the Indian city of New Delhi.