Gharib bids to extend unbeaten start to pro career
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Finchley amateur Mo Gharib continues his pro career when he face Dean Evans at York Hall on Saturday.
The unbeaten lightweight, who had almost 100 amateur contests with four different lcubs in north London, competes on another busy Goodwin promotion.
It was with Finchley that Gharib enjoyed one of his greatest successes, winning the London Elite title.
*Haringey Police featherweight Amy Andrew will represent New Zealand when the AIBA Women’s World Championships get underway on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew said: “All my family are from New Zealand. I entered the ABA of England and obviously I did not win it and the standard is really high.
“I went back to New Zealand and won their national championship to reach the world championships, which is a massive thing for me.”
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 3 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 4 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 5 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 6 Talking Bob Dylan, life, culture, politics and Shakespeare
- 7 I completely trust Aubameyang says Arsenal boss Arteta
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 West Hampstead flat owners face £100k bills for flammable cladding
- 10 Keir Starmer: 'Something about faith becomes more important to people'
This year’s competition will take place in the Indian city of New Delhi.