Gharib bids to extend unbeaten start to pro career
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Finchley amateur Mo Gharib continues his pro career when he face Dean Evans at York Hall on Saturday.
The unbeaten lightweight, who had almost 100 amateur contests with four different lcubs in north London, competes on another busy Goodwin promotion.
It was with Finchley that Gharib enjoyed one of his greatest successes, winning the London Elite title.
*Haringey Police featherweight Amy Andrew will represent New Zealand when the AIBA Women’s World Championships get underway on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew said: “All my family are from New Zealand. I entered the ABA of England and obviously I did not win it and the standard is really high.
“I went back to New Zealand and won their national championship to reach the world championships, which is a massive thing for me.”
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
This year’s competition will take place in the Indian city of New Delhi.