Hockey: Great Britain 0 Netherlands 4
- Credit: Archant
A double from Margot Zuidhof guided the Netherlands to victory over Great Britain at the FIH Champions Trophy in China.
Marijn Veen opened the scoring before Zuidhof grabbed her first as the Dutch built a 2-0 lead at half time.
Ginella Zebro fired in the third before Zuidhof completed the scoring in the final quarter.
GB, who included Hampstead & Westminster’s Sarah Robertson, now face Argentina on Saturday morning with the winner likely to secure a place in the bronze medal match unless Japan beat Australia.
The Netherlands were ahead inside just three minutes when Veer found the back of the net after GB failed to clear their lines and she collected, kept her cool and flicked on the reverse into the empty goal.
A fine flowing team move then doubled their lead in the second quarter as the Dutch attacked down the left and the ball was eventually laid back to Zuidhof who spun and sent her shot into the backboard.
Zebro grabbed the third with a well-struck hit on the reverse before Zuidhof scored her second from close range in the final quarter.
- 1 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 2 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 3 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 4 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 5 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 6 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 7 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
- 8 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 9 Crime writer: Why I'm donating royalties to Dogs Trust
- 10 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
Great Britain: Amy Tennant, Laura Unsworth, Anna Toman, Hannah Martin, Susannah Townsend, Sarah Jones, Giselle Ansley, Sophie Bray, Hollie Pearne-Webb, Lily Owsley, Amy Costello. Subs: Sarah Evans, Sarah Robertson, Suzy Petty, Erica Sanders, Tessa Howard, Sabbie Heesh, Grace Balsdon.