Hockey: Great Britain 0 Netherlands 4
- Credit: Archant
A double from Margot Zuidhof guided the Netherlands to victory over Great Britain at the FIH Champions Trophy in China.
Marijn Veen opened the scoring before Zuidhof grabbed her first as the Dutch built a 2-0 lead at half time.
Ginella Zebro fired in the third before Zuidhof completed the scoring in the final quarter.
GB, who included Hampstead & Westminster’s Sarah Robertson, now face Argentina on Saturday morning with the winner likely to secure a place in the bronze medal match unless Japan beat Australia.
The Netherlands were ahead inside just three minutes when Veer found the back of the net after GB failed to clear their lines and she collected, kept her cool and flicked on the reverse into the empty goal.
You may also want to watch:
A fine flowing team move then doubled their lead in the second quarter as the Dutch attacked down the left and the ball was eventually laid back to Zuidhof who spun and sent her shot into the backboard.
Zebro grabbed the third with a well-struck hit on the reverse before Zuidhof scored her second from close range in the final quarter.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 4 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 5 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 6 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 9 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
Great Britain: Amy Tennant, Laura Unsworth, Anna Toman, Hannah Martin, Susannah Townsend, Sarah Jones, Giselle Ansley, Sophie Bray, Hollie Pearne-Webb, Lily Owsley, Amy Costello. Subs: Sarah Evans, Sarah Robertson, Suzy Petty, Erica Sanders, Tessa Howard, Sabbie Heesh, Grace Balsdon.