Hockey: Great Britain 0 Netherlands 4
- Credit: Archant
A double from Margot Zuidhof guided the Netherlands to victory over Great Britain at the FIH Champions Trophy in China.
Marijn Veen opened the scoring before Zuidhof grabbed her first as the Dutch built a 2-0 lead at half time.
Ginella Zebro fired in the third before Zuidhof completed the scoring in the final quarter.
GB, who included Hampstead & Westminster’s Sarah Robertson, now face Argentina on Saturday morning with the winner likely to secure a place in the bronze medal match unless Japan beat Australia.
The Netherlands were ahead inside just three minutes when Veer found the back of the net after GB failed to clear their lines and she collected, kept her cool and flicked on the reverse into the empty goal.
A fine flowing team move then doubled their lead in the second quarter as the Dutch attacked down the left and the ball was eventually laid back to Zuidhof who spun and sent her shot into the backboard.
Zebro grabbed the third with a well-struck hit on the reverse before Zuidhof scored her second from close range in the final quarter.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
Great Britain: Amy Tennant, Laura Unsworth, Anna Toman, Hannah Martin, Susannah Townsend, Sarah Jones, Giselle Ansley, Sophie Bray, Hollie Pearne-Webb, Lily Owsley, Amy Costello. Subs: Sarah Evans, Sarah Robertson, Suzy Petty, Erica Sanders, Tessa Howard, Sabbie Heesh, Grace Balsdon.