Fruitful run for Lemmon
PAUL Lemmon recorded his best finish of the year for London Heathside at the Last Friday of the Month 5km Road Race – despite recording his slowest time. Four Heathside runners turned out for the race at Hyde Park...
PAUL Lemmon recorded his best finish of the year for London Heathside at the Last Friday of the Month 5km Road Race - despite recording his slowest time.
Four Heathside runners turned out for the race at Hyde Park, with Lemmon (3rd in 16 minutes 47 seconds) being joined by Julian Ferraro, who was seventh and first veteran across the line in 17:04.
Dominic Ross (26th in 18:30) and Mark George (45th in 19:19) completed the Heathside quartet, both running their best times for the event.
Elsewhere, Jaimie Hunter ran an impressive 1:26:31 in the Stevenage half marathon, to finish in 35th position.
You may also want to watch:
The wet and windy conditions ensured some tough races for Heathside's runners. Mark Derry was eighth in the Brighton & Hove 5km Park Run, with a time of 18:48.
Chris Gardner was 50th in the Regent's Park Winter Series 10km Road Race in (41.27), and he was followed in 61st place by Pat Kiernan, in 42:12.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives