Free coaching on offer at new WingTsun West Hampstead Martial Art School
- Credit: Archant
WingTsun West Hampstead Martial Art School, run by Sihing Mark Roberts, opened its doors last month at West Hampstead Community Centre on Dornfell Street.
And, to celebrate the opening of the school, the first two weeks’ training will be free for new students.
WingTsun, which is also known as Wing Chun, is a style of close-range Kung Fu – a scientific fighting system that uses the opponent’s strength against them and prioritises technique over power.
The system was developed over 300 years ago by Shoalin monk defectors as a means of defeating the traditional long-fist style.
Further developed in recent times to combat moves from other popular arts, WingTsun has a lineage to Hollywood star Bruce Lee’s teacher, Yip Man.
You may also want to watch:
Classes are held in a fun and friendly learning environment, and the modern syllabus has the perfect mixture of theory, application and tradition, while teaching the principles to effectively apply your knowledge in the event of an actual physical confrontation.
Classes start at 7.30pm every Thursday and anyone from the age of 13 years is welcome to these self-defence classes, which can improve confidence, fitness, flexibility and coordination.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
WingTsun West Hampstead is associated with the European WingTsun Organisation and the International Wing Tsun Association. For more information visit the website www.wtwesthampstead.com or phone 07919 117086.