Free coaching on offer at new WingTsun West Hampstead Martial Art School
- Credit: Archant
WingTsun West Hampstead Martial Art School, run by Sihing Mark Roberts, opened its doors last month at West Hampstead Community Centre on Dornfell Street.
And, to celebrate the opening of the school, the first two weeks’ training will be free for new students.
WingTsun, which is also known as Wing Chun, is a style of close-range Kung Fu – a scientific fighting system that uses the opponent’s strength against them and prioritises technique over power.
The system was developed over 300 years ago by Shoalin monk defectors as a means of defeating the traditional long-fist style.
Further developed in recent times to combat moves from other popular arts, WingTsun has a lineage to Hollywood star Bruce Lee’s teacher, Yip Man.
You may also want to watch:
Classes are held in a fun and friendly learning environment, and the modern syllabus has the perfect mixture of theory, application and tradition, while teaching the principles to effectively apply your knowledge in the event of an actual physical confrontation.
Classes start at 7.30pm every Thursday and anyone from the age of 13 years is welcome to these self-defence classes, which can improve confidence, fitness, flexibility and coordination.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
WingTsun West Hampstead is associated with the European WingTsun Organisation and the International Wing Tsun Association. For more information visit the website www.wtwesthampstead.com or phone 07919 117086.