Fox earns second straight pro victory
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Finchley heavyweight George Fox made it two straight professional wins with a points victory at the Copper Box Arena in Stratford on Saturday night.
Fox took on Croatian rival Igor Mihaljevic on a packed Matchroom bill that was headlined by John Ryder’s seventh-round stoppage of Russian super middleweight Andrey Sirotkin.
The 26-year-old won all four rounds against his Croatian rival to receive a comfortable points success.
Fox is the son of Don Charles, who is the long-time trainer of fellow Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora.
You may also want to watch:
Charles will be hard at work over the coming weeks, with Chisora expected to face Dillian Whyte at The O2 Arena on December 22.
The 34-year-old has already faced Whyte once in his career, but suffered a split decision loss in Manchester in December 2016.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 5 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Injury concerns spoil Arsenal's win over Sheffield United
Fox, meanwhile, will be looking for another bout this year to continue his progress and development.