Fox earns second straight pro victory
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Finchley heavyweight George Fox made it two straight professional wins with a points victory at the Copper Box Arena in Stratford on Saturday night.
Fox took on Croatian rival Igor Mihaljevic on a packed Matchroom bill that was headlined by John Ryder’s seventh-round stoppage of Russian super middleweight Andrey Sirotkin.
The 26-year-old won all four rounds against his Croatian rival to receive a comfortable points success.
Fox is the son of Don Charles, who is the long-time trainer of fellow Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora.
Charles will be hard at work over the coming weeks, with Chisora expected to face Dillian Whyte at The O2 Arena on December 22.
The 34-year-old has already faced Whyte once in his career, but suffered a split decision loss in Manchester in December 2016.
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 6 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 7 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 8 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 9 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 10 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
Fox, meanwhile, will be looking for another bout this year to continue his progress and development.