Fox earns second straight pro victory
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Finchley heavyweight George Fox made it two straight professional wins with a points victory at the Copper Box Arena in Stratford on Saturday night.
Fox took on Croatian rival Igor Mihaljevic on a packed Matchroom bill that was headlined by John Ryder’s seventh-round stoppage of Russian super middleweight Andrey Sirotkin.
The 26-year-old won all four rounds against his Croatian rival to receive a comfortable points success.
Fox is the son of Don Charles, who is the long-time trainer of fellow Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora.
You may also want to watch:
Charles will be hard at work over the coming weeks, with Chisora expected to face Dillian Whyte at The O2 Arena on December 22.
The 34-year-old has already faced Whyte once in his career, but suffered a split decision loss in Manchester in December 2016.
- 1 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 2 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 6 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 7 Lockdown easing 'super positive' for West Hampstead shops
- 8 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 9 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 10 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
Fox, meanwhile, will be looking for another bout this year to continue his progress and development.