Fox earns second straight pro victory
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Finchley heavyweight George Fox made it two straight professional wins with a points victory at the Copper Box Arena in Stratford on Saturday night.
Fox took on Croatian rival Igor Mihaljevic on a packed Matchroom bill that was headlined by John Ryder’s seventh-round stoppage of Russian super middleweight Andrey Sirotkin.
The 26-year-old won all four rounds against his Croatian rival to receive a comfortable points success.
Fox is the son of Don Charles, who is the long-time trainer of fellow Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora.
You may also want to watch:
Charles will be hard at work over the coming weeks, with Chisora expected to face Dillian Whyte at The O2 Arena on December 22.
The 34-year-old has already faced Whyte once in his career, but suffered a split decision loss in Manchester in December 2016.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 7 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 8 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Fox, meanwhile, will be looking for another bout this year to continue his progress and development.