Fox earns second straight pro victory
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Finchley heavyweight George Fox made it two straight professional wins with a points victory at the Copper Box Arena in Stratford on Saturday night.
Fox took on Croatian rival Igor Mihaljevic on a packed Matchroom bill that was headlined by John Ryder’s seventh-round stoppage of Russian super middleweight Andrey Sirotkin.
The 26-year-old won all four rounds against his Croatian rival to receive a comfortable points success.
Fox is the son of Don Charles, who is the long-time trainer of fellow Finchley heavyweight Dereck Chisora.
You may also want to watch:
Charles will be hard at work over the coming weeks, with Chisora expected to face Dillian Whyte at The O2 Arena on December 22.
The 34-year-old has already faced Whyte once in his career, but suffered a split decision loss in Manchester in December 2016.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 10 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader
Fox, meanwhile, will be looking for another bout this year to continue his progress and development.