Former Wingate & Finchley duo Ochieng and Mavila bag new clubs
Former Wingate & Finchley duo Henry Ochieng and Nathan Mavila have both bagged deals at big name football clubs.
Ochieng, who joined for the Blues from Welwyn Garden City, before going on to play for Cork City in the League of Ireland Premier Division has now earnt himself a move to Watford under-23s.
The 22-year-old, a former junior with both West Ham and Leyton Orient's academies, will join the Hornets U23 side.
Ochieng, who played 12 times for Orient's first team and has been capped by Kenya at U23 level, has signed until the end of the season.
He tweeted: "I'm delighted to have signed for Watford and am looking forward to the new journey ahead.
You may also want to watch:
"Thank you to everyone at Cork City for my season there. I met some amazing people and I’m grateful to have played for such a prestigious club.
"I wish you all the best for the years to come."
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 3 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 4 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
Left-back Nathan Mavila has joined Swedish side IK Brage and Borlänge from Canadian side Cavalry.
“After I played away in North America, my goal was to move back and play in Europe again,” Mavila said.
“It was Brage and Borlänge, and I did not really know what to expect as I have never been here before.
“But I have been very open-minded and I like the country and the city so far.”
Mavila was an unused substitute for West Ham in a Europa League third qualifying round tie against Astra Giurgiu in August 2015 as he spent 2012-2016 with the Hammers.
Mavila has played for Aldershot on loan as well as Maidstone United, Cambridge City and Wealdstone.
After his release from West Ham was when he joined Wingate & Finchley in 2017 before being picked up by Leyton Orient where he failed to make a single appearance before facing another set back.
He then played for both Hampton & Richmond Borough and Dulwich Hamlet in the National League South before moving over to Canada in February, 2019.
Mavila spent two seasons with the club based in Calgary before heading back to Europe where he has signed a two-year-deal in Sweden.