Adams to face WBO champion Mucino in March
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams will fight for a full world title for the first time on March 8.
The flyweight is due to face current WBO world champion Arely Mucino on a Franke Warren show at the Royal Albert Hall later this year.
A two-time Olympic champion, Adams is unbeaten in five bouts since turning professional in April 2017.
The 36-year-old’s most recent bout was in October last year when Adams recorded a unanimous points win over Mexico’s Isabel Millan.
You may also want to watch:
‘The Lioness’ will hope that experience stands her in good stead ahead of facing another Mexican in Mucino later this year.
The fight at the iconic Royal Albert Hall is due to be screened live on BT Sport.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 7 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
Also due for action on the Warren bill are Liam Williams, Joe Mullender and Daniel Dubois.
Adams will hope to justify her status as co-headliner by claiming her maiden world title.