Adams to face WBO champion Mucino in March
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams will fight for a full world title for the first time on March 8.
The flyweight is due to face current WBO world champion Arely Mucino on a Franke Warren show at the Royal Albert Hall later this year.
A two-time Olympic champion, Adams is unbeaten in five bouts since turning professional in April 2017.
The 36-year-old’s most recent bout was in October last year when Adams recorded a unanimous points win over Mexico’s Isabel Millan.
You may also want to watch:
‘The Lioness’ will hope that experience stands her in good stead ahead of facing another Mexican in Mucino later this year.
The fight at the iconic Royal Albert Hall is due to be screened live on BT Sport.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 9 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 10 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
Also due for action on the Warren bill are Liam Williams, Joe Mullender and Daniel Dubois.
Adams will hope to justify her status as co-headliner by claiming her maiden world title.