Adams to face WBO champion Mucino in March
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams will fight for a full world title for the first time on March 8.
The flyweight is due to face current WBO world champion Arely Mucino on a Franke Warren show at the Royal Albert Hall later this year.
A two-time Olympic champion, Adams is unbeaten in five bouts since turning professional in April 2017.
The 36-year-old’s most recent bout was in October last year when Adams recorded a unanimous points win over Mexico’s Isabel Millan.
You may also want to watch:
‘The Lioness’ will hope that experience stands her in good stead ahead of facing another Mexican in Mucino later this year.
The fight at the iconic Royal Albert Hall is due to be screened live on BT Sport.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
Also due for action on the Warren bill are Liam Williams, Joe Mullender and Daniel Dubois.
Adams will hope to justify her status as co-headliner by claiming her maiden world title.