Adams to face WBO champion Mucino in March
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams will fight for a full world title for the first time on March 8.
The flyweight is due to face current WBO world champion Arely Mucino on a Franke Warren show at the Royal Albert Hall later this year.
A two-time Olympic champion, Adams is unbeaten in five bouts since turning professional in April 2017.
The 36-year-old’s most recent bout was in October last year when Adams recorded a unanimous points win over Mexico’s Isabel Millan.
You may also want to watch:
‘The Lioness’ will hope that experience stands her in good stead ahead of facing another Mexican in Mucino later this year.
The fight at the iconic Royal Albert Hall is due to be screened live on BT Sport.
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 6 Arteta concerned about Arsenal striker Nketiah
- 7 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 8 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 9 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect
Also due for action on the Warren bill are Liam Williams, Joe Mullender and Daniel Dubois.
Adams will hope to justify her status as co-headliner by claiming her maiden world title.