Former Finchley amateur Courtenay ready for pro debut
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Islington amateur Shannon Courtenay will make her professional debut on a Matchroom show at the Copper Box Arena on Saturday.
Known as the ‘Baby Face Assassin’, Courtenay enjoyed a glittering amateur career that saw her win a gold medal at the Haringey Box Cup in 2015.
Now, though, Courtenay has made the decision to join the paid ranks and join an ever-growing list of female British professional boxers.
Courtenay is due to make her professional debut on a busy Matchroom show headlined by Charlie Edwards’ defence of his WBC world flyweight title against Spain’s Angel Moreno.
You may also want to watch:
In signing with Matchroom, Courtenay has joined a stable that already has one world female champion in the form of Katie Taylor, who holds the IBF, WBA and WBO world lightweight titles.
That is the kind of success Courtenay would certainly love to achieve herself, but all eyes are firmly focussed on winning her pro debut in Stratford this weekend.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 10 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars